1319 posts

Monday 3rd April 2006 at 19:06

...The mans got a point.

The Admin Guy

spider

Regular

235 posts

Tuesday 4th April 2006 at 01:33

Let me just clear this up, an A-bomb is perfectly exceptable, but a rifle was just going too far?

CoreyL

Regular

27 posts

Tuesday 4th April 2006 at 04:38

clearly, lol
and speaking of T.M.N.T... a question arose recently...
Who wins in a fight? The foot clan (TMNT) or the putties (Power rangers)?

Ketto Ryu Ju-Jitsu

Robsco

1319 posts

Tuesday 4th April 2006 at 11:32

With a rifle you might accidentally shoot yourself, or they might nick it off you and shoot you - that's not good.

Atleast with an A-bomb you're much further away, say around 10,000 feet. Plus, your opponent would have a hard time throwing it back.

As for TMNT, they always win, dunt matter who you put them against, they cannot lose, it's like the law or something.

The Admin Guy

sl

Resident

855 posts

Tuesday 4th April 2006 at 11:44

ok this really has gone too far :-))

Bren

Addict

123 posts

Tuesday 4th April 2006 at 12:28

I wasn't really thinking about rifles in general. I just have a downer on the SA80, even the A2 (without all the forward assist stupidity). If it is such a good weapon, as the politicians insist, why are we the only ones using it? The best thing about it is the SUSAT sight, but put one of those on an old SLR and that would get my vote.

sl

Resident

855 posts

Tuesday 4th April 2006 at 14:28

:-| Kata anyone?

CoreyL

Regular

27 posts

Tuesday 4th April 2006 at 17:05

Horse stance to fire 3 rounds to spinning reverse round house kick to side breakfall to fire 5 rounds to stand up to fire 3 rounds to rifle-butt swing to backfist to drop rifle to snap kick to draw pistol to eye gouge to fire 2 rounds to sweep kick to pistol whip... and salute

Ketto Ryu Ju-Jitsu

Robsco

1319 posts

Tuesday 4th April 2006 at 18:50

back-back-left-back-right-up ;-)

The Admin Guy

Bren

Addict

123 posts

Tuesday 4th April 2006 at 19:36

:-))

Fu Jow

Regular

39 posts

Tuesday 4th April 2006 at 19:52

Rob, that last thing you typed is actually the cheat code for invincibility in Contra (the nintendo game):-))

But seriously, I dont know about SA80 A2 rifle thing, all i need is a shoe lace and it's all over lol

Chuck Norris doesn't sleep. He

Robsco

1319 posts

Tuesday 4th April 2006 at 20:44

I cannot belive you looked it up! :-))

What the hell ya gonna do with a shoe-lace? Cut some cheese?

The Admin Guy

Fu Jow

Regular

39 posts

Tuesday 4th April 2006 at 21:38

Na, i was actually referning to choking someone out with the lace, or "garroting" as you chaps say. man, this topic has come a loooooong way from the original question...:-))

Chuck Norris doesn't sleep. He

Robsco

1319 posts

Tuesday 4th April 2006 at 22:02

We've only just started! :-D

But seriously, a shoe-lace? Kinda depends if they're off your old knackered trainers or a pair of army issued boots - mind you, they'll prob not be issued correctly if they're from the armed forces and snap like a cheese-string anyway. :-|

The Admin Guy

sl

Resident

855 posts

Wednesday 5th April 2006 at 10:51

[link=http://www.roycegracie.tv/frames/store/accessories/defense_band.htm]Defense Band[/link]

Check this out :-p

CoreyL

Regular

27 posts

Wednesday 5th April 2006 at 17:11

LOfrickingL

Ketto Ryu Ju-Jitsu

spider

Regular

235 posts

Sunday 9th April 2006 at 16:21

If you're stupid and ingenious enough to accidently shoot yourself with a rifle, I'm sure you could manage to blow yourself up with an a-bomb. Just incase I'll have my sling on, which means I can't get the rifle to point at me, and people can't grab it off me. I suppose if they cut the strap to get the rifle off of me, I could use the remaining strap as a 'defence band' before they can check the change lever, sights, make ready, saftey trigger to fire, point it at me etc.
It seems 'trendy' to slag off the SA80, but I've never had a problem with it. It is especially good in GRAW for the 360.:-)