Back to forum

Hit me.

Author Comments

CoreyL

Regular

27 posts

Tuesday 25th July 2006 at 16:16

"Minimum force"
The reason why jujutsu is superior to so many other arts. The ability to control the amount of damage one's enemies sustain. The difference between elbowing a guy in the jaw or controlling him with a joint-lock.

Ketto Ryu Ju-Jitsu

sl

Resident

855 posts

Wednesday 26th July 2006 at 08:19

Controlling him if i get a lock on in a scrap im popping the arm shoulder whatever.... no control about it ! :-O

Bren

Addict

123 posts

Wednesday 26th July 2006 at 15:54

:-))

Wot no cctv?

CoreyL

Regular

27 posts

Wednesday 26th July 2006 at 16:06

It's in my opinion that with the popularity of NHB competition, nearly everyone has seen a match or 2 and has a basic understanding of a dominant position.
Sure, you can snap the joint and put a quicker finish to the fight, but I wouldn't just outright dislocate the guys shoulder. If I can control him and keep him at the point of dislocation, then fine. If he continues to fight, then the dislocation occurs.
All I'm trying to say is exercise caution. If the situation warrants extreme force (the guy is armed and coming at you) then by all means use it. If it's simply a drunk aggressor, dislocating joints and gouging eyes won't be deemed necessary by witnesses or the law.

Ketto Ryu Ju-Jitsu

Robsco

1319 posts

Wednesday 26th July 2006 at 17:59

During my first Vale Tudo fight, all I wanted to do was break the guys arm. The moment I got the straight arm-lock I wasn't willing to risk him getting out of it by slowly applying more and more pressure.

If you get a perfect grip and he's not going anywhere, then fine, control him and show him you mean business, but I can imagine that won't happen very often - if you get the chance, take it.

Think about your other options and possible scenarios now.

The Admin Guy

sl

Resident

855 posts

Thursday 27th July 2006 at 16:17

why is s_c_r_a_p an expletive???????? did it just find crap? scrape..

sl

Resident

855 posts

Thursday 27th July 2006 at 16:17

it doesnt like C_R_A_P hahaha

Robsco

1319 posts

Thursday 27th July 2006 at 17:17

Cos' it's rude boy!

The Admin Guy

sl

Resident

855 posts

Thursday 27th July 2006 at 19:49

fuck
shit
crap
cock

hahahah

Bee

Regular

33 posts

Monday 31st July 2006 at 11:57

Spider. Re- "Thanks for the advice". You`re female aren`t you!

"Bee"