Back to forum

Teaching Technique the right way.

Author Comments

Scud

Spectator

2 posts

Tuesday 26th May 2009 at 07:43

Hi, I just stumbled onto this site, and though I love finding sights that further the ultimate world domination of Ju-Jitsu, I would just like to say that one of the most annoying things I come across as a 1st degree black belt in the CNJJBBF (Canadian Ninja Jiu-Jitsu Black Belt Fellowship) is the propensity for instructional videos/pictures showing the faulty technique. By that statment I mean the kicks or punches that have the person leaning way to far forward or back, or with the other arm dropped and not in any position to block a potential counter attack. I realize that many of these videos/pictures are used to teach people who are new to the arts, but I've always been under the impression that its better to get it right from the start, rather than try to correct it after the muscles have been trained in that way.

I realize this is quite the way to make an entrance, but I'm curious if anyone else shares my oppinion?

steve

Resident

217 posts

Tuesday 26th May 2009 at 11:11

here we go....

need to torque whole body into any punch for it to be effective, only thing that alters is the amount of torquing and this is determined by the person throwing the punch in the situation presenting itself at the time, in other words whether it is an 'opening' type punch or a follow up / committed punch.. so quite often weight will be forward when attacking, or weight to rear when counter-punching on the retreat..

"Its not the size of the dog i