Back to forum

End of the Samurai

Author Comments

Mickrick

Spectator

20 posts

Monday 18th January 2010 at 19:58

What a shame traditional martial arts seem to of lost their 'way'.All I see now are more and more idiots and thugs trainig in Westernised MMA, banging on about knocking someone out or starting trouble to beat some poor sod senseless.Tradional arts used to weed these morons out because they couldn't hack true discipline, respect and the spiritual side. I still feel you are as strong as your roots and hope 'the way' doesn't get lost for good!

rne02

Spectator

33 posts

Tuesday 19th January 2010 at 21:38

What is your basis/research/evidence of what you call "morons" training in MMA?

Mickrick

Spectator

20 posts

Thursday 21st January 2010 at 09:04

Its rife in my area, all they seem interested in is brawling once they've been to a couple of MMA sessions. I was priveleged to train at a authentic Japenese karate club many years ago where for good or bad even scratching an itch was frowned upon. Training in a low 'horse stance', staight back and 'kime' built you mentally and physically.Fools weren't tolerated and couldn't hack it..

rne02

Spectator

33 posts

Thursday 28th January 2010 at 16:07

That's unfortunate. However, if they keep starting fights they will eventually find the wrong person to stat a fight with, once they have had their arse kicked they may well decide all the hard work and trianing isn't worth it if they can't win every fight. I trained MMA briefly and can say that everyone I came accross was sensible.

CallumLeach

Spectator

7 posts

Wednesday 17th February 2010 at 17:01

I think it strongly depends on the community. I'd expand but I'm short on time. I'll get back on this though with a storytime.

Do not deny the classical approach, simply as a reaction, or you will have created another pattern and trapped yourself there.

connorT

Spectator

29 posts

Monday 15th March 2010 at 20:04

so true, many people dont know the respect and honour martial arts takes

connorT

Spectator

29 posts

Monday 15th March 2010 at 20:09

and expecialy discipline

connorT

Spectator

29 posts

Thursday 18th March 2010 at 17:10

rne02 by a moron he means a person who learns martail art just to kick some guys arse and has no respect or dissipline

rne02

Spectator

33 posts

Thursday 18th March 2010 at 19:55

Yes, i know what he means by morons, I asked what his experience of morons was.