Back to forum

Away too long..looking for good club

Author Comments

FitnessFreak

Spectator

2 posts

Tuesday 24th July 2012 at 23:38

Hey fellas

Long story try keep short possible. Basically did jujitsu Liverpool speke from age 6 till was hit teenage years got brown belt got sidetracked went off it also did some kickboxing at alby bimpson club .

Up until then and now very active fitness wise.In my late thirties now And looking for good club Liverpool to get up to speed and get black belt.Notice some only do twice a week.Where as I used to do 3-4 times.So be good if club had more regular days so progress fast.

Bit unsure how would start at new club after being away so long meaning grade wise as offically I'm a brown belt got all my certificates etc.just strange one really,Any one got any information on how that would work? appreciate feedback thanks.

Cheers Paul

Robsco

1319 posts

Wednesday 25th July 2012 at 08:48

Hi Paul,

Not sure of clubs around Liverpool, but I would be prepared to start at white belt again.

It's sometimes common to have a "special" grading to see where you're at, if you've been away for a little while, but it sounds like you've had a massive gap.

The club will be different, the syllabus may well be different too, so there may be some techniques you don't know that they teach now.

Maybe you could ask about grading a bit more regularly that usual, since a lot of it will just be reminding yourself of the techniques.

As I always tho, I think it's just a case of dropping into various clubs and see how they all stack-up - the good thing is you know what you're looking for, and have the past experience to know whether any particular club is actually any good.

The Admin Guy

FitnessFreak

Spectator

2 posts

Thursday 26th July 2012 at 15:51

Many thanks Robsco gave me some more to think about in choosing a new club.

As much as have been away from it so long don't know if could take putting on a white belt, I mean no disrepect like,its just would be bit hard to begrudge.With getting upto where I did.

Of course it will be up to the clubs rules and gradings on where would start of course.

Onwards and upwards sure I'll find good club in the end cheers!

Robsco

1319 posts

Thursday 26th July 2012 at 18:57

I think most people would find it hard to go back to a white belt.

If you can talk to the instructors and hopefully have early gradings a bit more regular than most, to get you back up to a high level, it's not gonna be the end of the world.

The Admin Guy