Back to forum

I need Help

Author Comments

Danny Holroyd

7 posts

Friday 27th February 2004 at 09:33

I have just had a look around this site and i have decided to begin to have lessons of ju-jitsu.However i do not know where to begin.This leads me to my point.Does anyone know where you can study this in Halifax or the surrounding areas?Also the cost of insurance and equipment would be useful thanks alot Danny

"dannyholroyd@yahoo.co.uk"

Robsco

1319 posts

Friday 27th February 2004 at 17:52

Don't know of any clubs around Halifax personally.

Cost of insurance is usually in with your training fees.

What sort of equipment do you mean? --------- Robsco! 'I'm sure your style is impressive on other planets, however, your weak link is that this is Earth'

The Admin Guy

Danny Holroyd

7 posts

Wednesday 3rd March 2004 at 12:30

Danny Holroyd

7 posts

Wednesday 3rd March 2004 at 12:32

Thanks for the help any way.Do you know if there is any where that i can find out about it though?I was wondering how much one of the uniforms cost so i can start ASAP "dannyholroyd@yahoo.co.uk"

Alien

20 posts

Wednesday 3rd March 2004 at 17:12

I would go along and see if you like it first, before going out and bying a GI, give it 3 or 4 lessons.

A GI ranges anywhere from about £35.00 to £90.00 depending on quality etc.

Good luck with the training "hell ain't a bad place to be"

"hell ain't a bad place to be"

Branni

11 posts

Thursday 4th March 2004 at 08:57

Danny there is a guy called Les Allen and he has a club in Halifax teaching Brazilian Jiu jitsu, not sure who he's graded under though.

He's trained in the Lions Den and is good friends with Frank & Ken Shamrock(?????), Plus he's had fights in Pancrase tournaments in Japan and has trained with the top Japanese fighters. However like i've said i don't know how qualified he is but the guy is in Halifax!

Training: Sat& Sun 12-2 & Wed 4:30-6.
Tel:01422 341488
Mob:07968875940 " There is no moment you are more aware of being alive than when confronted with immediate, imminent danger"

" There is no moment you are m

Danny Holroyd

7 posts

Friday 5th March 2004 at 08:58

Thanks alot.DO you know where this guy does it though?I am guessing North Bridge leisure centre..... "dannyholroyd@yahoo.co.uk"

Branni

11 posts

Friday 5th March 2004 at 10:16

No worries Danny.

The clubs called Dragonsgate BJJ and like i've said i don't know how good the club is or how qualified the guy who runs it is but it is in Halifax.

Address: Halifax body station
4 Ackroyd parade,
North parade,
Halifax,
West Yorkshire

Like some guy told me on this site, check out SFUK.NET it's loaded with helpful info on clubs, seminars and tournaments.

Happy hunting. " There is no moment you are more aware of being alive than when confronted with immediate, imminent danger"

" There is no moment you are m