andy

Resident

729 posts

Saturday 6th March 2004 at 12:29

What would you like to see from

a) A BJJ instructional series

and

b) a submission wrestling instructional series

The DVDs will be made by myself and an extremely reputable BJJ black belt. pain is temporary, pride is forever. www.roycegraciesheffield.com

"no weapon formed against me shall prosper"

Branni

11 posts

Sunday 7th March 2004 at 12:18

It's a hard question Andy as there are so many techniques in BJJ. I'd personaly like to see a shed load of sweeps and reversals as no other vids out there really go into great detail on what i think to be some of the most essential techniques to learn.
After all it doesn't matter how good your submissions are if you can't reverse a position your in for a hard time(i'm crap at reversing positions).

Could be a good oppertunity for you to get something on the market that isnt already!!!£££:-) " There is no moment you are more aware of being alive than when confronted with immediate, imminent danger"

" There is no moment you are m

Robsco

1319 posts

Sunday 7th March 2004 at 13:35

No stupidly fancy techniques, there's not that many above Blue in this country.

And concentrate more on strategies, planning ahead, and look more into momentum and leverage, pick one technique where the same idea's apply to many others. --------- Robsco! 'I'm sure your style is impressive on other planets, however, your weak link is that this is Earth'

The Admin Guy

Danny Holroyd

7 posts

Monday 8th March 2004 at 12:19

well i think it sounds good but it is still a bit difficult.What would be useful is the price of the DVD and the range of stuff it has on it.I mean you say there is a blackbelt who is helping ,but does he teach the basic stuff?I am a beginner so how much would it actually help me? "dannyholroyd@yahoo.co.uk"

"dannyholroyd@yahoo.co.uk"

Danny Holroyd

7 posts

Monday 8th March 2004 at 12:20

Ignore my last comment,it is pointless.I would like to see beginner stuff goin thro to expert level "dannyholroyd@yahoo.co.uk"

"dannyholroyd@yahoo.co.uk"

Alien

20 posts

Monday 8th March 2004 at 15:43

Can I play devil's advocate and say both would be good.

Put me down for a copy when your done.

Oh, and I will e-mail you with some training dates as discussed. "hell ain't a bad place to be"

"hell ain't a bad place to be"

steve

Resident

217 posts

Monday 8th March 2004 at 22:49

Andy,

Although this is slightly obscure to pure BJJ and sub-grappling, I personally cross train and would love to find some workable stuff on sweeps and reversals which could be realistically acheived whilst defending an MMA 'G&P' type onslaught, e.g. whilst parrying blows or pulling in & trapping the attackers arms.

Just a thought cause there is not really much stuff about on defending G&P to reversal and taking the advantage. "Its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog"

"Its not the size of the dog i

steve

Resident

217 posts

Monday 8th March 2004 at 22:52

PS I've started regular training at GB Manchester with Carl (will be my 5th lesson this week and the Braulio seminar this Sunday) and am loving every minute of it...top stuff this BJJ! "Its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog"

"Its not the size of the dog i

andy

Resident

729 posts

Tuesday 9th March 2004 at 09:47

will see you sunday steve.

Rob, according to dave pain is temporary, pride is forever. www.roycegraciesheffield.com

andy

Resident

729 posts

Tuesday 9th March 2004 at 09:48

sorry hit wrong button,

Rob - after chatting to Speedy you shouldn't be worrying about what's on my DVD and turn up to training regularly instead.

pain is temporary, pride is forever. www.roycegraciesheffield.com

Sweaty Gi

120 posts

Tuesday 9th March 2004 at 13:48

Get ready for his lame excuse.

As for the sub wrestling DVD, you can't go far wrong with a load of mad, water and plenty of naked ladies. Don't make me sweat, you won't like me when I'm sweaty!

Robsco

1319 posts

Tuesday 9th March 2004 at 18:38

Are we all sitting comfortably?

1st session back abt a month ago think i should've eased my way back into it a bit more, couldn't walk for 3 days, literally.

Then got flu.

And as always, skint as hell at the minute.

Now just need to get watching all the instructionals again to get motivated again. --------- Robsco! 'I'm sure your style is impressive on other planets, however, your weak link is that this is Earth'

The Admin Guy

andy

Resident

729 posts

Tuesday 9th March 2004 at 22:40

how much are speedy's sessions?

give up smoking and drinking then i'm sure you could afford to train pain is temporary, pride is forever. www.roycegraciesheffield.com

Robsco

1319 posts

Wednesday 10th March 2004 at 18:56

£5 a class, or £40 for the month, not a lot, true, but i need a pay rise. :-(

Smokings cutting down, but the drinking? are you mad! :-p --------- Robsco! 'I'm sure your style is impressive on other planets, however, your weak link is that this is Earth'

The Admin Guy

andy

Resident

729 posts

Wednesday 10th March 2004 at 22:27

i'm sure you can afford £5 even on your measly wages pain is temporary, pride is forever. www.roycegraciesheffield.com

Sir Moonface

Regular

26 posts

Thursday 11th March 2004 at 20:06

As the great Roy Castle used to sing, "Dedication's what you need"!!!!!

andy

Resident

729 posts

Friday 12th March 2004 at 16:56

not competing next sat then? pain is temporary, pride is forever. www.roycegraciesheffield.com

Robsco

1319 posts

Friday 12th March 2004 at 22:37

no chance i'm afraid, will be training this week, but not worth entering just to get whooped. --------- Robsco! 'I'm sure your style is impressive on other planets, however, your weak link is that this is Earth'

The Admin Guy

andy

Resident

729 posts

Monday 15th March 2004 at 10:53

you coming to watch then? pain is temporary, pride is forever. www.roycegraciesheffield.com

Robsco

1319 posts

Monday 15th March 2004 at 18:07

Hope so, meant to be off out with a lass but looks like that's off now. --------- Robsco! 'I'm sure your style is impressive on other planets, however, your weak link is that this is Earth'

The Admin Guy