Back to forum

club insurance

Author Comments

Dave

Addict

183 posts

Wednesday 31st March 2004 at 17:05

Andy regarding the set up of my own training/martial arts club, could you please throw some light on the subject of insurance. The club i'm talking about will be at a local sports centre with great facilities and mats but as i've said i'm clueless on the insurance aspects.
Info on Types of insurance needed etc .
Also if you actually know of any good companies could you please pass on their details it would be a massive help.

If anyone else has any info on insurance please whack it on this post.

Many thanks,

Dave.
Postman Pat, Postman Pat, Postman Pat and his Black and white Catttt. Early in the mornin when the nah nah deedle dat da do!!!!! Ah fuct it right up

Postman Pat, Postman Pat, Post

andy

Resident

729 posts

Wednesday 31st March 2004 at 20:31

AMA (amateur martial arts association) are pretty good. pain is temporary, pride is forever. www.roycegraciesheffield.com

"no weapon formed against me shall prosper"

steve

Resident

217 posts

Thursday 1st April 2004 at 18:42

Also could try 'Martins' Martial Arts Insurance, Swan Street Manchester...Tel 0161 832 8204.

I used them for several years for trad MA insurance cover and cost was pretty reasonable for amount of cover offerred (Sun Alliance were the Insurers).

Not sure what sort of deals they have for MMA but if you are doing competative 'free sparring' as part of your classes then you need to tell them this and have appropriate cover...if you omit to tell them you free spar (ground subs or stand up) and do have a claim you may find you are not covered. "Its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog"

"Its not the size of the dog i

Dave

Addict

183 posts

Thursday 1st April 2004 at 21:27

Cheers guys!

Anyone else got any ideas? Postman Pat, Postman Pat, Postman Pat and his Black and white Catttt. Early in the mornin when the nah nah deedle dat da do!!!!! Ah fuct it right up

Postman Pat, Postman Pat, Post