Back to forum

UFC 47

Author Comments

Dave

Addict

183 posts

Monday 5th April 2004 at 11:34

I watched the ufc 47 in the early hours of saturday morning and its got to be one of the best yet, it was a fookin awesome!

I wont tell you all the results (dont want to spoil it all) but Tito "The gob sh**e" Ortiz got well and truely fu**ed by Chuck Liddell with a nice KO. I'm not sure if any1else dislikes Tito but i personally think hes a nobhead in the Tank Abbott mold coz he always disrespects other fighters.

A while ago in an earlier ufc Vitor Belfort also got knocked out by Liddells wicked strikes but since then Liddells had constant trouble with injuries but now hes 100% fit and i think hes gonna be the next ufc Lw champion (and hard to beat).

Any1else agree?

Also Liddell trains with Caesar Gracie and other Gracie family members so hes not just a one trick pony. Postman Pat, Postman Pat, Postman Pat and his Black and white Catttt. Early in the mornin when the nah nah deedle dat da do!!!!! Ah fuct it right up

Postman Pat, Postman Pat, Post

andy

Resident

729 posts

Monday 5th April 2004 at 15:53

Vitor lost a decision to Chuck didn't he? pain is temporary, pride is forever. www.roycegraciesheffield.com

"no weapon formed against me shall prosper"

Robsco

1319 posts

Monday 5th April 2004 at 18:29

Getting it soon, hopefully be watching it tomorrow. --------- Robsco! 'I'm sure your style is impressive on other planets, however, your weak link is that this is Earth'

The Admin Guy

Dave

Addict

183 posts

Monday 5th April 2004 at 22:43

Yeah your right andy vitor lost by decision was supposed to say he got the crap knocked out of him with wicked strikes not knocked out completely. Sorry.
Also this ufc isnt exactly a grapplers dream tournament to watch but it sure is class.

Postman Pat, Postman Pat, Postman Pat and his Black and white Catttt. Early in the mornin when the nah nah deedle dat da do!!!!! Ah fuct it right up

Robsco

1319 posts

Tuesday 6th April 2004 at 01:47

Well now I'm not keen on watching it Dave! Oh well, only 22 minutes to go.

Thought Chuck was gonna win outright? --------- Robsco! 'I'm sure your style is impressive on other planets, however, your weak link is that this is Earth'

The Admin Guy

Robsco

1319 posts

Tuesday 6th April 2004 at 01:51

Oh yeah, forgot to ask, what will you be weighing in as Andy? --------- Robsco! 'I'm sure your style is impressive on other planets, however, your weak link is that this is Earth'

The Admin Guy

Robsco

1319 posts

Tuesday 6th April 2004 at 21:08

Excellent show and amazing fights with a great atmosphere.

Favourite has to be Lawley vs Dias, perfect knock-out. --------- Robsco! 'I'm sure your style is impressive on other planets, however, your weak link is that this is Earth'

The Admin Guy

andy

Resident

729 posts

Wednesday 7th April 2004 at 12:39

I'll be in whatever weight catagory I want to be in on the day! :) pain is temporary, pride is forever. www.roycegraciesheffield.com

Dave

Addict

183 posts

Wednesday 7th April 2004 at 13:03

Yeah the Lawler v Diaz fight was class. The one thing with Lawler is that even if he loses you know the fight will be awesome regardless(the jumping knee! wow...) He's like Jack Dempsey (hard as nails heavyweight boxer back in 1920's).
Full respect though to Diaz showing great boxing skills.

What did you think of the Liddell v Ortiz fight? I think relentless somes the knockout up!

And Genki Sudo, well that guy is plain old nutz. Top class entertainer and fighter aswell of course with the triangle/armbar finish. NICE!!!!

And what did you think about poor old Wes Simms getting illegally bitten on his chest, then while he had his back turned to his corner to complain he got knocked sparco? I think that Kyle guy should of been disqualified, but i suppose even if he hadnt chomped on Simms chest Simms was fitigued and looked on his way out anyway. Still that doesnt excuse the braking of rules.

Definately an awesome show regardless of the biting incident. Postman Pat, Postman Pat, Postman Pat and his Black and white Catttt. Early in the mornin when the nah nah deedle dat da do!!!!! Ah fuct it right up

Robsco

1319 posts

Wednesday 7th April 2004 at 17:05

Dhuck did completely destroy Tito, although it looked like Tito was handling himself pretty well up till then, but obviously no match with the stand-up.

Genki was shocking, honestly couldn't believe my eyes when he kept slipping into his act, strange strange man, but with a neat submission.

It was a shame about Simms, but as Kyle pointed out, it wouldn't have been easy to get a deep bite anyway. I'm sure that fight would have lasted a lot, lot longer if the ref waited until Simms was atleast facing the right way.

Shouldn't Simms have spoke to the ref about the bite insetad of wandering off to his corner?

The Dias knockout just shocked me, seemed so simple and to see Lawler just fall down was incredible. --------- Robsco! 'I'm sure your style is impressive on other planets, however, your weak link is that this is Earth'

The Admin Guy

andy

Resident

729 posts

Friday 9th April 2004 at 13:17

just watched it,

The bite, well if he had his mouth open when he was getting choked then it could've been from that, Wes Simms is a big girl.

Diaz was quality

Chuck was quality

Arlovski has some skills

Sudo is the man

Franca won in my opinion pain is temporary, pride is forever. www.roycegraciesheffield.com

Dave

Addict

183 posts

Saturday 10th April 2004 at 13:28

Yeah franco was robbed without a doubt. Postman Pat, Postman Pat, Postman Pat and his Black and white Catttt. Early in the mornin when the nah nah deedle dat da do!!!!! Ah fuct it right up