Back to forum

PUSH UPS

Author Comments

andy

Resident

729 posts

Tuesday 20th April 2004 at 09:08

Exactly how old is Jen, I'm sure she hasn't been offended by the language pain is temporary, pride is forever. www.roycegraciesheffield.com

"no weapon formed against me shall prosper"

Bassmonger

Resident

198 posts

Tuesday 20th April 2004 at 09:33

I'm sure she's heard it all before. She's nearly an adult, remember? "I like my jiu-jitsu the same way as I like pubic hair on a lady"

DEFEATED IN AL

Dave

Addict

183 posts

Tuesday 20th April 2004 at 11:06

Sorry Rob i wont mention 'midges dick' again. Damn! sorry ive just broken my word already. :-)

Sorry kiddies. Postman Pat, Postman Pat, Postman Pat and his Black and white Catttt. Early in the mornin when the nah nah deedle dat da do!!!!! Ah fuct it right up

Postman Pat, Postman Pat, Post

Jen

Regular

39 posts

Tuesday 20th April 2004 at 21:10

I can hardly be offended by the language if I used it myself now people can I? really!

Andy if you're that interested ask Rob but age shouldn't matter...blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.

Bassmonger

Resident

198 posts

Wednesday 21st April 2004 at 08:09

Well, that's where the criminal law of Great Britain would disagree with you. "I like my jiu-jitsu the same way as I like pubic hair on a lady"

DEFEATED IN AL

Jen

Regular

39 posts

Wednesday 21st April 2004 at 08:13

How can I press charges on myself?

Bassmonger

Resident

198 posts

Wednesday 21st April 2004 at 08:17

Dial 999 and shout 'Rape' "I like my jiu-jitsu the same way as I like pubic hair on a lady"

DEFEATED IN AL

Jen

Regular

39 posts

Wednesday 21st April 2004 at 09:03

That's hardly pressing charges, that's just getting myself arrested :-p

warriorpoetxll

4 posts

Thursday 22nd April 2004 at 21:46

I SEE WHERE YOU ARE GOING WITH THIS, I FEEL THAT REGULAR PUSH UPS ARE GOOD, BUT IN ORDER TO ACHIEVE PROPER CEMITRY IT IS A GOOD IDEA TO DO ENCLINE/DECLINE PUSH UPS. TRUST ME ON THIS I DO 300 TO 400 A DAY. USING THIS TECHNIQUE MY PEC'S AND THE REST OF MY CHEST MUSCLE GOT MUCH MORE SQUARE/ I ALSO DUE ALOT OF PULLOVERS TO WORK THE THICKNESS ANGLE! I KNOW I STRAYED A BIT BUT I JUST WANTED TO SHARE A DIFFERENT VIEW ON THE SUBJECT MATTER.

warriorpoetxll

4 posts

I SEE WHERE YOU ARE GOING WITH THIS, I FEEL THAT REGULAR PUSH UPS ARE GOOD, BUT IN ORDER TO ACHIEVE PROPER CEMITRY IT IS A GOOD IDEA TO DO ENCLINE/DECLINE PUSH UPS. TRUST ME ON THIS I DO 300 TO 400 A DAY. USING THIS TECHNIQUE MY PEC'S AND THE REST OF MY CHEST MUSCLE GOT MUCH MORE SQUARE/ I ALSO DUE ALOT OF PULLOVERS TO WORK THE THICKNESS ANGLE! I KNOW I STRAYED A BIT BUT I JUST WANTED TO SHARE A DIFFERENT VIEW ON THE SUBJECT MATTER.

warriorpoetxll

4 posts

TrapDoor

Regular

20 posts

Thursday 22nd April 2004 at 23:30

what exactly do you mean by incline? having feet propped up on a chair while pushing off the ground sorta deal?

andy

Resident

729 posts

Friday 23rd April 2004 at 20:44

do them on a hill!!!!!!!! pain is temporary, pride is forever. www.roycegraciesheffield.com

steve

Resident

217 posts

Sunday 25th April 2004 at 23:19

Press ups / push ups.....lighter guys will usually do most....3 factors come into play....

1) greater the body mass, more effort needed to raise it from the ground.

2) will power to pass through 'the wall' as endurance runners would call it.

3) general fitness level (ability of body / blood circilatory system to absorb oxygen / burn food / remove waste)

Without no 3 no point even trying, 1 is straight forward advantage or disadvantage 2 is what makes the difference between to very similarly matched guys on 1 & 3 and you've either got this or you aint.

As for inclined, does this include handstand againts a wall & then do the press ups, of which I could do about 25 in a minute when I was training hard in my late teens. "Its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog"

"Its not the size of the dog i

Bassmonger

Resident

198 posts

Monday 26th April 2004 at 08:30

The thing about push-ups is...I don't care. Obviously I do a few, and I don't doubt they're good for strength and everything, but I'd rather roll for a bit and gain strength and stamina through that sort of training than be able to brag that I can do 412 press ups in one go.

It's like the people who can do 100s of kick-ups but are still no good in a real game of football. Maybe. "I like my jiu-jitsu the same way as I like pubic hair on a lady"

DEFEATED IN AL

andy

Resident

729 posts

Monday 26th April 2004 at 09:12

Exactly, you're training should be performance based, if you want to get good a jiu jitsu, train jiu jitsu. pain is temporary, pride is forever. www.roycegraciesheffield.com

shady

5 posts

Tuesday 1st June 2004 at 21:20

Im 6'3, 220lbs. and in one go I am able to do an average of 72 push-ups. I tested it 3 times on 3 different days, day 1 - 71, day 2 - 73 and day 3 - 72 Currently training in: Kenpo, Tang Soo Do, Kyokushin, Kuk Sul Won and Chi Kung

Currently training in: Kenpo,

Stevo

Regular

32 posts

Thursday 3rd June 2004 at 17:02

Ye little dragon!!!!!!

I can do 112 press ups.........................over the course of a week ;o)

No seriously I reckon about 35 in one go would be my limit but 6 months ago it was 10 so I am improving!!! 'Wing Chun 4 Life'

'Wing Chun 4 Life'

Jesse

16 posts

Thursday 3rd June 2004 at 18:26

Thats pretty true about smaller guys being able to do more push ups, its all about surface area to volume ratio. If your really big you have a higher mass ratio

steve

Resident

217 posts

Thursday 3rd June 2004 at 23:31

Wow Jesse,

thats a shock....someone on this forum actually giving me a bit of credit for actually knowing what I am talking about.

This comment obviously aimed at Ross, Andy & Dave who generally think I talk a load of rubbish. "Its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog"

"Its not the size of the dog i