Back to forum

Rob

Author Comments

andy

Resident

729 posts

Wednesday 14th April 2004 at 12:08

you entered yet? closing date is 21st, who else is competing from geordie land? pain is temporary, pride is forever. www.roycegraciesheffield.com

"no weapon formed against me shall prosper"

Jen

Regular

39 posts

Wednesday 14th April 2004 at 12:29

Rob hurt his knee, he's gashed it really bad so he's not gonna enter till he knows it's not gonna spurt blood everywhere when he fights :)

I'll let you explain how it happened babe x

Robsco

1319 posts

Wednesday 14th April 2004 at 20:18

Not entered yet but will be, knee is pretty bad at the mo, can't bend it fully without the scab ripping open, but should be okay by mid next week in time for one last session. --------- Robsco! 'I'm sure your style is impressive on other planets, however, your weak link is that this is Earth'

The Admin Guy

Bassmonger

Resident

198 posts

Thursday 15th April 2004 at 08:30

You great jessie (no offence to anyone called Jessie who reads this site). I used to train with astroturf burns on my knees all the time- and they leave the most painful and easily peeled scabs. All you have to do is get some of that medical gauze stuff, whack a big patch over the scab, and put plenty of tape round it.

I await your next excuse. "I like my jiu-jitsu the same way as I like pubic hair on a lady"

DEFEATED IN AL

andy

Resident

729 posts

Thursday 15th April 2004 at 16:06

Next excuse will be something like: Good point Bassmonger, I will do that but as you have only told me that advise recently I don't have enough time to train for the tournament. Plus Andy will be in my division!!!!! pain is temporary, pride is forever. www.roycegraciesheffield.com

Robsco

1319 posts

Thursday 15th April 2004 at 17:04

Good point Bassmonger, I will do that but as you have only told me that advise recently I don't have enough time to train for the tournament. Plus Andy will be in my division!!!!!

Anyway, I haven't trained for this tournament, and not entering it with any expectations, it's just time to get the motivation back on track.

Knee is peeling off nicely, and I'll be back training next week.

Just so long as I don't meet Andy in the first round I'll be happy. --------- Robsco! 'I'm sure your style is impressive on other planets, however, your weak link is that this is Earth'

The Admin Guy

Robsco

1319 posts

Thursday 15th April 2004 at 17:05

Just one other small point...

Are you actually entering Bassmonger, and don't give us any waffle about not being fit-enough. --------- Robsco! 'I'm sure your style is impressive on other planets, however, your weak link is that this is Earth'

The Admin Guy

andy

Resident

729 posts

Thursday 15th April 2004 at 18:22

he said he was pain is temporary, pride is forever. www.roycegraciesheffield.com

Bassmonger

Resident

198 posts

Thursday 15th April 2004 at 19:23

Yeah I probably will as long as I can bum a lift off someone. And I don't mean bum like...nah, I'm too tired for Rob jokes.

But the point is, even though I'm really out of shape and that, I'll give it a go. "I like my jiu-jitsu the same way as I like pubic hair on a lady"

DEFEATED IN AL

Jen

Regular

39 posts

Thursday 15th April 2004 at 20:00

You know if you all trained half as much as you talked on here you'd all be well on ur way to having a slight chance of pulling off some miricles at the tournament and maybe actually beating someone.

You shouldn't have to discuss it if you want to do it then go for it and get ur fat arses movitaved into doing something.

Bassmonger

Resident

198 posts

Friday 16th April 2004 at 08:17

Yeah Rob. "I like my jiu-jitsu the same way as I like pubic hair on a lady"

DEFEATED IN AL

Jen

Regular

39 posts

Friday 16th April 2004 at 09:21

No Marc, I was talking to you too. So you two get ur bloody arses into gear and start training! Think of all the ladies you'll attract when you get those big sexy muscles back ;)

andy

Resident

729 posts

Friday 16th April 2004 at 10:04

you have to have had muscles in the first place to be able to get them back pain is temporary, pride is forever. www.roycegraciesheffield.com

Bassmonger

Resident

198 posts

Friday 16th April 2004 at 10:09

oi.

And I'm going to resist the obvious 'love muscle' gags. On the reasoning that none of them would be funny. "I like my jiu-jitsu the same way as I like pubic hair on a lady"

DEFEATED IN AL

Sweaty Gi

120 posts

Friday 16th April 2004 at 15:10

Does that go for the 'love muscle gag' gags as well?

Sorry what say the initial topic again ?
Oh yeah get training you lazy bums ! Don't make me sweat, you won't like me when I'm sweaty!

Jen

Regular

39 posts

Friday 16th April 2004 at 15:20

Who's love muscle are we talking about here?

andy

Resident

729 posts

Friday 16th April 2004 at 17:41

who's you wanna talk about? pain is temporary, pride is forever. www.roycegraciesheffield.com

Jen

Regular

39 posts

Friday 16th April 2004 at 17:53

Oooo baby, decisions decisions. Who would you suggest?

Robsco

1319 posts

Friday 16th April 2004 at 18:17

Now this isn't that kinda place kiddies. --------- Robsco! 'I'm sure your style is impressive on other planets, however, your weak link is that this is Earth'

The Admin Guy

Jen

Regular

39 posts

Friday 16th April 2004 at 18:19

I'm not a kiddie I'll be an adult in July!!!