Back to forum

Gracie comp (seni) 24th/25th April

Author Comments

Dave

Addict

183 posts

Friday 23rd April 2004 at 11:05

Good luck to all those entering the comp i wish you all the best.

I really wanted to have a dig at this comp as i havent competed in a BJJ tournament since 1999-2000 down in London against the Anaconda dudes in which i got ruined(nasty hyper-exstension of the elbow). I cant bloody enter as ive just had my pot removed from my leg(nasty lock at Royce's Feb seminar in Glasgow). I have all the soddin luck dont i!

Anyway good luck all and dont get injured.

Pleas post your results as soon as possible. Cheers. Postman Pat, Postman Pat, Postman Pat and his Black and white Catttt. Early in the mornin when the nah nah deedle dat da do!!!!! Ah fuct it right up

Postman Pat, Postman Pat, Post

Bassmonger

Resident

198 posts

Friday 23rd April 2004 at 11:24

I lost.
How's that for as soon as possible? "I like my jiu-jitsu the same way as I like pubic hair on a lady"

DEFEATED IN AL

Robsco

1319 posts

Friday 23rd April 2004 at 11:33

Shocker! I lost too, in my weight class and the open weight.

Looks like we all have bad luck. :-p --------- Robsco! 'I'm sure your style is impressive on other planets, however, your weak link is that this is Earth'

The Admin Guy

Dave

Addict

183 posts

Friday 23rd April 2004 at 12:26

I tell you what guys you cant beat confidence can you!!! :-) Postman Pat, Postman Pat, Postman Pat and his Black and white Catttt. Early in the mornin when the nah nah deedle dat da do!!!!! Ah fuct it right up

Sweaty Gi

120 posts

Friday 23rd April 2004 at 13:10

Does this mean we can go to the pub instead ? Don't make me sweat, you won't like me when I'm sweaty!

andy

Resident

729 posts

Friday 23rd April 2004 at 20:46

where's the nearest watering hole to the NEC, i've not drunk for 2 months 3 weeks!!!!!! pain is temporary, pride is forever. www.roycegraciesheffield.com

"no weapon formed against me shall prosper"

Bassmonger

Resident

198 posts

Friday 23rd April 2004 at 21:09

Good call Andrew- I've not had a drink since Sunday. OK, it's not quite as long as you, but when you consider I've been on long train journeys at night, been to the pub about 3 times, and it was such a nice day today, then that's absolutely ages for me. "I like my jiu-jitsu the same way as I like pubic hair on a lady"

DEFEATED IN AL

Robsco

1319 posts

Saturday 24th April 2004 at 02:07

Andy,

Did you get my mail about the comp? The mail didn't get through to andy@fittofight and I tried emailling Marc but that got rejected too.

Kinda counting on ya pal, if you didn't get the mail, tell him I'm weighing in at 73kgs instead of -70kgs, he said I could let him know by today. --------- Robsco! 'I'm sure your style is impressive on other planets, however, your weak link is that this is Earth'

The Admin Guy

andy

Resident

729 posts

Saturday 24th April 2004 at 09:35

no i didn't get your mail, you under 76 with gi and you told him under 70 with gi? pain is temporary, pride is forever. www.roycegraciesheffield.com

Bassmonger

Resident

198 posts

Saturday 24th April 2004 at 11:21

What's the best plan for weighing in anyway? Nothing to eat or drink in the morning until after you've done it? "I like my jiu-jitsu the same way as I like pubic hair on a lady"

DEFEATED IN AL

andy

Resident

729 posts

Saturday 24th April 2004 at 12:18

Not quite, seeing as you weigh in before your first fight (like 2 mins before) not eating and drinking will seriously hinder your performance. pain is temporary, pride is forever. www.roycegraciesheffield.com

Robsco

1319 posts

Saturday 24th April 2004 at 14:42

Yeah, I put down -70kgs on my form, but i'm actually -76kgs.

pain in the ar*e finding some decent scales.

Can ya send him a message somehow to let him know.

He said I could let him know by Friday, but couldn't get hold of him, and still can't. --------- Robsco! 'I'm sure your style is impressive on other planets, however, your weak link is that this is Earth'

The Admin Guy

Robsco

1319 posts

Saturday 24th April 2004 at 14:51

If you do manage to get hold of him let me know what happens, if I'm gonna be competing or not.

once again, i'm 73kg with the gi. --------- Robsco! 'I'm sure your style is impressive on other planets, however, your weak link is that this is Earth'

The Admin Guy

andy

Resident

729 posts

Saturday 24th April 2004 at 18:27

bit late now! been out all day. pain is temporary, pride is forever. www.roycegraciesheffield.com

Bassmonger

Resident

198 posts

Saturday 24th April 2004 at 19:03

Arse. I have a feeling I'll be close to the weight. After I stopped drinking, cut down eating and everything. May be better after a turd. "I like my jiu-jitsu the same way as I like pubic hair on a lady"

DEFEATED IN AL

Robsco

1319 posts

Saturday 24th April 2004 at 19:03

Can ya try and get in touch with him anyway, and let him know, would much rather know whether i'm fighting or not. --------- Robsco! 'I'm sure your style is impressive on other planets, however, your weak link is that this is Earth'

The Admin Guy

Bassmonger

Resident

198 posts

Saturday 24th April 2004 at 19:18

You'll still be in open weight anyway, fool. "I like my jiu-jitsu the same way as I like pubic hair on a lady"

DEFEATED IN AL

The Cleaner

4 posts

Sunday 25th April 2004 at 11:20

Rob take off that lead suit, no way are you 76Kg's i have a pet whippet that ways more than you!!

andy

Resident

729 posts

Sunday 25th April 2004 at 20:26

i got silver, had to pull out of open weight cos of my knee injury from NEBJJ pain is temporary, pride is forever. www.roycegraciesheffield.com

Dave

Addict

183 posts

Sunday 25th April 2004 at 20:33

Nice1 Andy, shame about the knee tho. Postman Pat, Postman Pat, Postman Pat and his Black and white Catttt. Early in the mornin when the nah nah deedle dat da do!!!!! Ah fuct it right up