Back to forum

Gracie comp (seni) 24th/25th April

Author Comments

Bassmonger

Resident

198 posts

Sunday 25th April 2004 at 20:43

I won my first fight and lost the next, which is a lot better than I expected. "I like my jiu-jitsu the same way as I like pubic hair on a lady"

DEFEATED IN AL

Robsco

1319 posts

Sunday 25th April 2004 at 23:05

I lost first fight to the guy who won the category, then lost in the open to Ben on points, and a deflated lung! :o) --------- Robsco! 'I'm sure your style is impressive on other planets, however, your weak link is that this is Earth'

The Admin Guy

Bassmonger

Resident

198 posts

Monday 26th April 2004 at 08:32

What? By the end of the day, you two were virtually the same weight.

As for my loss, I know I could have beaten him if I'd got a bit more fitness, or hadn't had my first fight (since it was his first of the day). Or if I was better.

Having months off of training is poo. "I like my jiu-jitsu the same way as I like pubic hair on a lady"

DEFEATED IN AL

andy

Resident

729 posts

Monday 26th April 2004 at 09:09

deflated lung?????????? pain is temporary, pride is forever. www.roycegraciesheffield.com

"no weapon formed against me shall prosper"

fingercuffs

Regular

33 posts

Monday 26th April 2004 at 12:19

deflated lung?? the best way to cure this is to breath in. thus inflating the lung.

if it's collpsed i would advise hospitalisation as it is pretty serious leading to reatained fluid on the lung, possible pneumonia, other infections and or death. i'm no doctor mind.

Robsco

1319 posts

Monday 26th April 2004 at 14:45

Trying to inflate a lung with Ben layed on it ain't all that easy.

A wicked day and some cool fights, but I've had enough of this losing stuff, next year it's time to clear up. --------- Robsco! 'I'm sure your style is impressive on other planets, however, your weak link is that this is Earth'

The Admin Guy

Bassmonger

Resident

198 posts

Monday 26th April 2004 at 19:21

Binman at the NEC seems a bit of a radical career change.

And yes, I should be training right now. I brought my stuff, but ended up having to work late. I'm still here and probably will be for ages.

Work sucks, don't do it kids. "I like my jiu-jitsu the same way as I like pubic hair on a lady"

DEFEATED IN AL

Robsco

1319 posts

Tuesday 27th April 2004 at 01:04

Seems someone needs to get their priotiries straight.

Training for next year needs to start now. --------- Robsco! 'I'm sure your style is impressive on other planets, however, your weak link is that this is Earth'

The Admin Guy

andy

Resident

729 posts

Tuesday 27th April 2004 at 08:51

lol ar Rob talking about training
pain is temporary, pride is forever. www.roycegraciesheffield.com

Robsco

1319 posts

Tuesday 27th April 2004 at 12:43

That's what this tournament was for, to get the motivation back. --------- Robsco! 'I'm sure your style is impressive on other planets, however, your weak link is that this is Earth'

The Admin Guy

andy

Resident

729 posts

Tuesday 27th April 2004 at 13:26

you said it last year and you didn't train for about 2 weeks after!! pain is temporary, pride is forever. www.roycegraciesheffield.com

Robsco

1319 posts

Tuesday 27th April 2004 at 14:23

yup, but that was last year. --------- Robsco! 'I'm sure your style is impressive on other planets, however, your weak link is that this is Earth'

The Admin Guy

andy

Resident

729 posts

Wednesday 28th April 2004 at 10:16

history tends to repeat itself pain is temporary, pride is forever. www.roycegraciesheffield.com

fingercuffs

Regular

33 posts

Wednesday 5th May 2004 at 11:02

i admire your dedication for next years event rob.

not sure if you need a whole year to figure out how to use a dustpan and brush though. good luck with next years cleaning.

Bassmonger

Resident

198 posts

Wednesday 5th May 2004 at 13:41

Get your own bad jokes, youth.

Anyway- Rob, how many times have you trained since the comp? "I like my jiu-jitsu the same way as I like pubic hair on a lady"

DEFEATED IN AL

Robsco

1319 posts

Wednesday 5th May 2004 at 18:01

No money last week.

As for tonight, seeing Jen to chat about stuff, so you can blame her.

Will be there tomorrow. --------- Robsco! 'I'm sure your style is impressive on other planets, however, your weak link is that this is Earth'

The Admin Guy

andy

Resident

729 posts

Thursday 6th May 2004 at 12:01

that'll be none then pain is temporary, pride is forever. www.roycegraciesheffield.com

Stupid Kids

16 posts

Thursday 6th May 2004 at 15:50

Sounds like you guys should have done more kata training....

kidding......