Back to forum

question

Author Comments

lance

Regular

26 posts

Friday 14th May 2004 at 20:42

New boy here, first post and all that. Can anyone help with an injury question ?

Been doing jujitsu for 8 weeks. Hurt my right knee last Saturday. Was doing some ground work with one of the senior members. He pushed, I didn't react in time and toppled backwards. He lost his balance and fell on top of me. I ended up on my back with my right leg caught underneath me. Front of knee and foot sore for a couple of days. Iced the area and ok by Tuesday.
Now the "pain" is at the back of the knee (where the calf meets the bend of the knee - it's been ok all week). Any ideas?

Robsco

1319 posts

Friday 14th May 2004 at 23:44

I've had a few bad knee injuries but didn't last very long (ie, a couple of weeks).

I'm taking a wild guess that you was sat in your opponents guard (him on his back with his legs wrapped around you), he came up on one arm and pushed you backwards so you was on your back so he could take the mount position.

Might help some others to give you some better idea of what you might have torn/pulled since you didn't give too much detail of how it occurred.

Rest sounds like the best bet, even if it feels better when you're walking around doing your day-to-day business, when you start training again, your knee will move in directions that aren't normal to day-to-day life.

If you can, obviously see a SPORTS physio-therapist. --------- Robsco! 'I'm sure your style is impressive on other planets, however, your weak link is that this is Earth'

The Admin Guy

steve

Resident

217 posts

Saturday 15th May 2004 at 00:31

Just sounds to me like strained (& now possibly inflamed) ligaments, probably nothing serious and just what prople who have trained for many years would not really take much notice of, just letting it heal itself over time. You will constantly get minor bumps, bruises, strains, aches & pains etc but your body and mindset begin to tolerate them, till eventually anything but a major injury you dont really even think about.

Rest it if you feel it too painful, but dont be over-cautious or you will risk never getting back on the mat. "Its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog"

"Its not the size of the dog i

lance

Regular

26 posts

Monday 17th May 2004 at 12:19

thanx for that..

I trained on Saturday and it was ok.