Back to forum

chi

Author Comments

steve

Resident

217 posts

Sunday 20th June 2004 at 19:35

Exactly Ross....It cannot be done, it would be physically impossible, everything in western science, education & understanding of the human anatomy 'logic & common sense' would say this.

Yet it has been done as have many other similar stunts, for example Nepalese Bhuddist monks used to 'test' their mastery of 'chi' in a ritual whereby they would sit by the side of a lake in sub-zero temparatures, and through-out the night have wet towels repeatedly placed across their backs whilst they sat in a state of meditation, the towels effectively being steamed dry by the body heat they discharged. Any westerner attempting the same not having been trained in how achieve this state of meditation would perrish for sure. "Its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog"

"Its not the size of the dog i

steve

Resident

217 posts

Sunday 20th June 2004 at 19:44

Anyway subject getting stale now. Either you believe it or you dont.

If anyone is particularly interested in researching this topic any more, I'd recommend thh following two books as a starting point:

'Empty Force - the power of chi for self defence & energy healing' by Paul Dong & Thomas Raffill....Element Books Ltd, Shaftsbury, Dorset.

'Chi Gong - the ancient chinese way to health' by Paul Dong & Aristide H Esser MD...Marlowe & Co.New York 10012, 632 Broadway. "Its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog"

"Its not the size of the dog i

Robsco

1319 posts

Sunday 20th June 2004 at 23:07

Believing or not beliving is fine.

But if you or anyone else wants us to believe surely they would supply video's of such events.

Then again, they could be rigged.

How about inviting Ross to go along to a seminar to show how powerfull this Chi stuff really is.

Let's face it, it'd stop all us (and the rest of the wrold) questioning it. --------- Robsco! 'I'm sure your style is impressive on other planets, however, your weak link is that this is Earth'

The Admin Guy

Bassmonger

Resident

198 posts

Monday 21st June 2004 at 21:47

You can teach anyone to walk over hot coals without harm, whether they're a 'westerner' or some orange-wearing mystical monk dude. I don't doubt that this is similar. I do doubt that it's to do with some mystical fireball-creating magical shit though. "I like my jiu-jitsu the same way as I like pubic hair on a lady"

DEFEATED IN AL

Bassmonger

Resident

198 posts

Monday 21st June 2004 at 21:48

Wayne Rooney's magic, mind. "I like my jiu-jitsu the same way as I like pubic hair on a lady"

DEFEATED IN AL

Ross

Regular

100 posts

Tuesday 22nd June 2004 at 19:54

chi is gay and pretend that is all My prediction is pain

silat_fyta

4 posts

Wednesday 14th July 2004 at 06:34

Chi is another word for air. If you dont breathe you die! Air is like money. Not important until you dont have any, "Don't worry about speed or power, this is inherrent in the technique, correct technique is faster and more powerful!"

"Don't worry about speed or po

nTm

11 posts

Wednesday 14th July 2004 at 21:08

As Steve said, if you don't see it IS impossible to believe. I have seen a guy meditate himself, then take repeated blows to the nuts, no cup. No effect on him. I have seen another person roll his hands in a 150 lbs roller, no effect. Chi is just one of those "things", like ghosts and UFO's. You can't really believe it until it happens to you, or you experience it.

The thing is about chi, it's not some "mystical" power or some unlogical force,chi is taught as a form of meditating yourself to the point where you can feel no pain. Of course, it will not help you in a streetfight, because once it is used it can take a long time to replenish your mind and body.

Another thing you hear in most martial arts, any martial arts school probably, is mind and body. Where your mind, and body come together to form as one. This explains chi, where it is in your mind. If you want to walk on hot coals and are untrained in chi, it's going to hurt because your mind is onl focusing and worrying about your feet being hurt by those hot coals. However, if you learn chi you learn to free your mind of worrying, and all cares, so you are able to do as you please, and walk on those same hot coals without feeling a thing.

It is more based on mind power and meditation thant hat of mystical and magical powers. Just be open-minded, you may find out there's more to things than you know. "If instead of fighting with him you say to your enemy, 'You have won' and bow before him, that is the biggest deed in the world."

"If instead of fighting with h

Bassmonger

Resident

198 posts

Thursday 15th July 2004 at 08:55

"I have seen a guy meditate himself, then take repeated blows to the nuts, no cup. No effect on him."

Bullshit. No effect indeed. Even if he did mediate (ie- take class A drugs) to the point where he could feel no pain, his balls will have still taken a pounding, and I doubt he'd be having sex in a hurry. Assuming he could even use his mystical powers to get a girl to bed in the first place. "I like my jiu-jitsu the same way as I like pubic hair on a lady"

DEFEATED IN AL

Robsco

1319 posts

Thursday 15th July 2004 at 11:48

No Bassmonger, he obviously sucked his balls into his body to protect them. :-p --------- Robsco! 'I'm sure your style is impressive on other planets, however, your weak link is that this is Earth'

The Admin Guy

nTm

11 posts

Thursday 15th July 2004 at 20:08

I dunno, unless he didn't have balls in the first place, it didn't phase him. I sure know if I got racked in the nuts (which I have, I skateboard) I'd fall to the ground immediately (which I have..hmm I'm sensing a pattern here). This guy took 3 shots, all three being kicks. It did not phase him, and he walked away. Like I said, there's nothing "mystical" or "magical" about it, it's all in mind power. I'm not saying you should believe it, but I do after experiencing it. You know as well as I his nuts probably took a beating, he migth of even felt the effects afterwards but at that point in time it didn't seem to bother him. I don't know about any aftereffects in chi, I'd have ot look it up though. Anyways...where do you come from bass? "If instead of fighting with him you say to your enemy, 'You have won' and bow before him, that is the biggest deed in the world."

"If instead of fighting with h