Back to forum

What do you think...

Author Comments

Nathan

Addict

175 posts

Wednesday 6th October 2004 at 10:49

I'm thinking of joining.... Does it look any good?

here's the link...

http://www.mantisproductions.net/bjj.html

sl

Resident

855 posts

Wednesday 6th October 2004 at 11:26

Looks fairly good from the site quite a few blue belts there. Probably best to go along give it a go?

Nathan

Addict

175 posts

Wednesday 6th October 2004 at 12:25

Yeah. I probably will be going. I wanna at least earn my white belt in TJJ first before I start BJJ. I nearly got my green belt in TJJ when I was a junior. But had to start over from scratch as I left for a while.

sl

Resident

855 posts

Wednesday 6th October 2004 at 13:34

You sound on a similar sort of wavelength as me, i reached green as a junior but have forgot it all and start again.

Im gonna wait till i get at least yellow belt before looking myself plus im out of days really much of my week is took up with other stuff, also not many BJJ places in lpool yet only the one mentioned a bit further down and looks more MMA orientated (i.e. BJJ, Thai, etc). Im already doing other bits (Muay Thai and traditional JJ) and want someone to just teach me pure BJJ. But having never been to a BJJ lesson maybe thats the format anyway (are bjj classes mma orientated?)

Nathan

Addict

175 posts

Wednesday 6th October 2004 at 13:40

I'm not really sure. I just know I really wanna get good at both of them. The hardest thing I'm finding is that half the stuff I used to to be able to do, i.e., breakfalls and throwing myself about, I can't do anymore. I'm to heavy and too big now to be able to do what I used to be able to do. But I know this'll get easier as I go on practising.

sl

Resident

855 posts

Wednesday 6th October 2004 at 13:48

haha i know exactly what you mean. I felt a bit stupid learning breakfalls hahah, especially with my mate laughing at me next to me.

Robsco

1319 posts

Wednesday 6th October 2004 at 14:59

That Royce Gracie Network in East Anglia does look pretty good, and obviously got a great instructor above them, who visits his schools around the world twice a year, soa great chance to train and learn direct Royce.

Most MMA clubs will have seperate classes for BJJ, Thai, etc. but then have a few classes to mix it all together. --------------------------------------------- Robsco! - The Site Administrator 'I'm sure your style is impressive on other planets, however, your weak link is that this is Earth'

The Admin Guy

sl

Resident

855 posts

Wednesday 6th October 2004 at 16:04

Rob, and the rest of the BJJ lads.

Apart from the manchester one any other good Royce ones around the lpool area?