Back to forum

thanks for opening my eyes

Author Comments

bigred

Regular

27 posts

Wednesday 24th November 2004 at 20:57

ok,ok I agree with you guys to a point about fighting, in the sense that I should train more than i fight but i still think its good to fight once in a while because a good fighter should be conditioned, have a good pain tolerents and to know what its like to have adrenaline pumping.
If i want to make it to pride, ufc, k1, or any mma then i have to be able to take pain right? i dont know im pritty crazy

i dont know im pritty crazy

sl

Resident

855 posts

Wednesday 24th November 2004 at 21:04

Glad you've seen the light BigRed but seriously do some proper training i was so humbled when i started proper MA training people id have thought i could bounce round the street, lash you across the mat it gets you thinking. Just get some training in do a bit of sparring thatll get you conditioned beleive me the adrenaline flows! ________________________________________________

sl

Resident

855 posts

Wednesday 24th November 2004 at 21:07

As for taking pain , i think the strategy should be to not take too much pain??? Better asking one of the MMA boys.

Andy, Robsco, Ross have all you guys done some MMA tournaments? What would you suggest he does? Would any of you guys do K1 / UFC etc? ________________________________________________

Ross

Regular

100 posts

Wednesday 24th November 2004 at 21:26

i would suggest

training wrestling, boxing, thai boxing and bjj all with decent instructors

lifting weights - power lifting with a good strength coach

cardio - proper cardio

sl

Resident

855 posts

Wednesday 24th November 2004 at 21:43

Ross what do u mean by proper cardio? ________________________________________________

Robsco

1319 posts

Wednesday 24th November 2004 at 22:03

I've only done one amateur Vale Tudo fight, and that was last year, so Andy & Ross are definately the people to ask on this one. --------------------------------------------- Robsco! - The Site Administrator 'I'm sure your style is impressive on other planets, however, your weak link is that this is Earth'

The Admin Guy

Ross

Regular

100 posts

Friday 26th November 2004 at 13:02

proper cardio

sprint training.

cardio and strength training

Bassmonger

Resident

198 posts

Friday 26th November 2004 at 15:16

Or giving you 'a beasting' until you are nearly sick...I guess that would count as 'proper cardio' as well. "I'd do it, but I pulled my back out humping your mom last night"

DEFEATED IN AL

Dave

Addict

183 posts

Saturday 27th November 2004 at 13:55

Hey Big R, you wouldnt by any chance happen to be 'Johny Rambo' would you? Postman Pat, Postman Pat, Postman Pat and his Black and white Catttt. Early in the mornin when the nah nah deedle dat da do!!!!! Ah fuct it right up

Postman Pat, Postman Pat, Post

bigred

Regular

27 posts

Monday 29th November 2004 at 17:33

your a funny guy dave lets hope you fight as well as you tell jokes.

Dave

Addict

183 posts

Monday 29th November 2004 at 20:01

I can look after myself quite well thanks. Humour is the spice of life and you still aint answered my question. :-) Postman Pat, Postman Pat, Postman Pat and his Black and white Catttt. Early in the mornin when the nah nah deedle dat da do!!!!! Ah fuct it right up

Postman Pat, Postman Pat, Post

bigred

Regular

27 posts

Monday 29th November 2004 at 21:55

no im not johny rambo i dont know im pritty crazy