Back to forum

New Website Design

Author Comments

Robsco

1319 posts

Friday 3rd December 2004 at 13:11

Well some have said we needed a new site design since the old style was a little out-dated.

Let us know what ya think to the new site, and any problems you find.

Cheers

The Admin Guy

Nathan

Addict

175 posts

Friday 3rd December 2004 at 20:33

Hey Robsco...

Sometimes the Edit Your Profile bit doesn't come up.
I had to keep clickin refresh to get it to appear...
But I am on the works computer at the mo and it's a MAC :-|

----EDIT----
Seems to be working now!

sentinal

Regular

21 posts

Saturday 4th December 2004 at 14:34

Love it... Got some sort of classic look.... but still can't put a picture. Suppose it'll take a while to figure out, after all, only been working with computers for 2 years. Had to pay for the courses myself and education is expensive in Zimbabwe, anyway, like the page, but where are the videos gone, can't find them..:-|

This art comes with alot more

Robsco

1319 posts

Saturday 4th December 2004 at 15:32

To put a picture up you need to login, then you'll see the link to 'Edit Profile' at the top of the main forum page.

If you login but it says you're not logged in, you need to edit your Cookie settings in your web-browser.

The Admin Guy

andy

Resident

729 posts

Monday 6th December 2004 at 15:52

not an awful lot of change really, but you finally made a good job of the forum.

"no weapon formed against me shall prosper"

Kieran

Regular

107 posts

Tuesday 7th December 2004 at 09:44

:o)Good job Robsco.I,m very impressed.I didnt think there was anything wrong with the old one but I do think this is alot better.

WE BOW IN RESPECT NEVER IN SUBMISSION[email=kierandoran@hotmail.com]kierandoran@hotmail.com[/email][image=http://doc]

Robsco

1319 posts

Tuesday 7th December 2004 at 09:57

Cheers pal, glad ya like it.

If anyone can think of anything else they fancy just gimme a shout.

The Admin Guy

sentinal

Regular

21 posts

Tuesday 7th December 2004 at 17:30

You're going laugh, but what are cookie setting and where is my web browswer, today is the first time i couldn't log on. Please help, full instructions would be helpful, thanks Robsco:-p

Robsco

1319 posts

Wednesday 8th December 2004 at 00:56

Okay, glad somebody asked about this...

'Cookies' are tiny little text files stored on your PC, these are what keep you logged into certain websites, by storing your username in a text file, so when you come back the website already knows who you are.

Since this forum is hosted on our main website, instead of ultimatejujitsu.com, you may need to reduce your security settings for your cookies, or simply allow 'intelcompute.com' to store cookies on your PC.

To my knowledge as a software engineer and developing web-applications, there is no risk in reducing your security settings in your web-browser.

For Internet Explorer (version 6) users, go to the 'Tools' menu and select 'Internet Options', then click the 'Privacy' tab. Here you will be able to add 'Sites' that you allow cookies to be saved from. Here you should add 'intelcompute.com'.

If this still doesn't work then give me a shout. It's obviously hard for me to test since I am obviously part of the 'intelcompute.com' network, so it's all taken as 'trusted' for me.

The Admin Guy

sl

Resident

855 posts

Wednesday 8th December 2004 at 18:47

Id argue against that Robsco.......... You shouldnt be lowering your settings in IE if you dont know what affect it will have its ok if it is a trusted domain but there is alot of dodgy sites out there that will take advantage of your weakened security.

sentinal

Regular

21 posts

Friday 10th December 2004 at 15:28

I'm confused.:-|

Kieran

Regular

107 posts

Friday 10th December 2004 at 22:25

Hi Robsco...............This a great site but I have one small complaint.Sometimes when I reply to posts they are not posted.I never use bad language or mess about so I was wndering how this happens.thanks Kieran