Back to forum

New Voting Question

Author Comments

Robsco

1319 posts

Wednesday 19th January 2005 at 15:35

I was just about to start a new voting question, then thought I'd open it up to you lot to come up with some 'sensible' suggestions - Bassmonger need not apply. :-p

The Admin Guy

Nathan

Addict

175 posts

Wednesday 19th January 2005 at 15:56

How about something along the lines of: What's your favourite move in TJJ... or maybe favourite finishing move in BJJ? I've not really been into JuJitsu long, but I think that the rice bale is cool. Probably useless on the streets. but it's still fun on the mat! Especially when you get to use a choke to finish it off!

sl

Resident

855 posts

Saturday 22nd January 2005 at 19:06

Damn click happy hand i voted for the wrong move Robsco. Can you change mine to Naked Choke please.:-p

Robsco

1319 posts

Saturday 22nd January 2005 at 20:37

What did you vote for and I'll move it no probs.

The Admin Guy

Nathan

Addict

175 posts

Saturday 22nd January 2005 at 23:48

Hey sweet.... my idea got selected (not that there was loads of other ideas)... more rambling... no more beer for this man!

Robsco

1319 posts

Sunday 23rd January 2005 at 00:44

Thought we'd start with the BJJ since there's more true competition involved.

Any more idea's welcomed greatly.

The Admin Guy

andy

Resident

729 posts

Sunday 23rd January 2005 at 18:24

seeing as neck cranks and heel hooks arent allowed in bjj competition they should be removed

"no weapon formed against me shall prosper"

Robsco

1319 posts

Sunday 23rd January 2005 at 19:31

Not even at black belt competition level?

Well let's make it BJJ/MMA then. :-p

The Admin Guy

andy

Resident

729 posts

Sunday 23rd January 2005 at 19:43

not even at black belt level, if its gonna be bjj/mma where are the strikes? make it, favourite submission!!

Robsco

1319 posts

Sunday 23rd January 2005 at 21:06

You bleedin' pest!

The Admin Guy

sl

Resident

855 posts

Monday 24th January 2005 at 11:07

Good point Andy haha:-))

Bassmonger

Resident

198 posts

Monday 24th January 2005 at 16:15

I bloody hate neck cranks...never use them in training, unless it's simply a case of a choke cranking at the same time. For one, they're painful and dangerous, and if you can't use them in competitions, what's the point?

Same goes for heel hooks. Tell a lie- I did one the other day, though that was by accident when Adam twisted to try and get out of an ankle lock. The tard.

DEFEATED IN AL

Robsco

1319 posts

Monday 24th January 2005 at 18:01

I think they're good to train, but to a point, and not in active sparring, you might not always be using your skills and techniques in a competition.

The Admin Guy

sl

Resident

855 posts

Monday 24th January 2005 at 21:23

Heres one Robsco seeing as the site has evolved into more MA/MMA should it be renamed? Ultimate MA? If you do i want a copyright! :-D

Robsco

1319 posts

Monday 24th January 2005 at 21:58

hehe, try [link=http://ultimatema.com]ultimatema.com[/link]

It's already mine. hehe :-))

The Admin Guy

sl

Resident

855 posts

Tuesday 25th January 2005 at 10:12

Damn you Robsco i was going to buy it and sell it to you haha:-X

Bassmonger

Resident

198 posts

Monday 31st January 2005 at 11:21

Why are there so many votes for ankle lock- can someone explain why they prefer it over an arm bar, oma plata or any sort of choke? It's quite strange that a foot lock has more votes than arm bar and triangle put together. Or is it just me that thinks that's weird?

DEFEATED IN AL

Robsco

1319 posts

Monday 31st January 2005 at 18:32

Don't worry Bass, I was thinking the same thing yesterday when I checked it - don't get it myself! :-|

The Admin Guy

andy

Resident

729 posts

Monday 31st January 2005 at 18:38

because if you break an ankle they cant walk away!!

Bassmonger

Resident

198 posts

Monday 31st January 2005 at 20:59

True...and in true ironic fashion (well, more ironic than half the examples in the pooey Alanis Morrissette song of the same name), we did leg locks at training tonight. And while I do like and use them a lot (apart from on Chris, for he is a bendy freak), I would have thought chokes and stuff would be more popular. Or even knee bars...since you're definitely not walking away from that one.

DEFEATED IN AL