Back to forum

advice to the wise

Author Comments

trevek2

Addict

119 posts

Friday 21st January 2005 at 09:29

A word of advice, if you are ever teaching English for a living in Poland and ypu wish to keep training... forget it!

The one MA club in town which trained at good hours for me has stopped. A TJJ club where I had recently started learning TJJ.

Working evening hours as I do all the martial arts clubs in town finish training before I finish work. When I die I will go to heaven because hell is certainly living in a place where you have judo, Kung Fu, karate, TKD, BJJ, TJJ, VT and more... and none of them have sessions later than 20.30 (when I finish work). Life is cruel!

See how well I block all your

sl

Resident

855 posts

Friday 21st January 2005 at 12:42

Why dont you have at least one private a week then? I know its expensive but id rather have one lesson a week than none.

trevek2

Addict

119 posts

Saturday 22nd January 2005 at 11:46

I hadn't thought of that, but to be honest it probably wouldn't be possible to find a place to train, especially one with mats. My work hours don't help, either. I'm pondering on the judo club if they do adult classes on a weekend.

sl

Resident

855 posts

Saturday 22nd January 2005 at 15:29

Im sure if you can arrange a private with your old club you can do it early in the morning or late at night .. Ask you never know.

trevek2

Addict

119 posts

Saturday 7th May 2005 at 23:30

Wow, I'm about to pop my BJJ cherry.
The TJJ folded for some reason and i've not been training for some months. However, one of my teaching contracts has been suspended for a couple of months leaving me free on fridays. There is a Vale Tudo club which does BJJ on Fridays at 16.00, so guess what I'm gonna do this friday...

Robsco

1319 posts

Sunday 8th May 2005 at 00:54

Sounds like it worked out well! :-)

The Admin Guy

Dave

Addict

183 posts

Sunday 8th May 2005 at 00:56

Train stand up you dont require mats. Or practice ground work on grass its the next best thing to having no soft landings inside.

Postman Pat, Postman Pat, Post

Robsco

1319 posts

Sunday 8th May 2005 at 05:00

So that's stand-up with no take-downs??? good thinking but too restrictive.

The Admin Guy

trevek2

Addict

119 posts

Sunday 8th May 2005 at 07:22

When the TJJ club folded it was winter... there was no grass. Sorry, but training in the snow at -12C I'll leave to Aleksander Karelin.

trevek2

Addict

119 posts

Sunday 8th May 2005 at 07:25

BTW, what kind of thing would 'stand up' entail?
Grass... yep, I agree. I used to do Backhold Wrestling and we used to compete on the grass. Like I said, tho... it was winter here...