Back to forum

Bored...........

Author Comments

sl

Resident

855 posts

Tuesday 1st March 2005 at 13:44

Im officially bored with Traditional Ju Jitsu.... you still doing it Nathan or have you had enough too?

Nathan

Addict

175 posts

Friday 4th March 2005 at 14:39

I've sacked it in mate. It's just doing my head in. It don't start till 8.30 - 10.30, so that's a night ruined. And to be honest, apart from a few little tricks that you can show off to you mates in the pub. Wristlocks etc, I've not learned anything useuful yet. My instructor has been doing it for over 27 years, so I'm sure he's a tough cookie. But not everyone has 27 years to learn some self defence. I've got my Muay Thai tonight, which is my first lesson, and as soon as I get paid, I'm going to Brazilian. The guy who runs it has arranged to give me lifts etc to the club we train at (he has a few different ones) so that's me sorted. But it's fair to say that if I didn't start TJJ then I would be doing neither of these, so I can't really bad mouth it. I think if you are bored of an evening, never get out of the house. then TJJ kills both them problems, but don't think it's much good for anything else. Has anyone ever heard of a TJJ master getting anywhere in NHB or UFC etc?

sl

Resident

855 posts

Friday 4th March 2005 at 16:13

Muay Thai is good im sure youll enjoy that, im gonna cut my TJJ down to one class a week cos i like this instructor alot more honest than other instructors as to what works what doesnt plus hes done some MT. Let us know how you get on with your MT / BJJ