Back to forum

which is best?

Author Comments

thump

Regular

29 posts

Friday 8th April 2005 at 10:46

In my thirties done boxing,now getting interested in MA,live in village only have 3 options TJJ,karate,tkd.which is best to study at my age? and would it be worth studing two of them?:-D

andy

Resident

729 posts

Friday 8th April 2005 at 10:58

tjj

"no weapon formed against me shall prosper"

thump

Regular

29 posts

Friday 8th April 2005 at 11:00

cheers how do i get pictures? thanks

Robsco

1319 posts

Friday 8th April 2005 at 14:13

Ya mean your picture to the side? Sorted it, but yours was just slightly huge!

The Admin Guy

sl

Resident

855 posts

Friday 8th April 2005 at 14:23

Thats definitely a boxers nose!

thump

Regular

29 posts

Friday 8th April 2005 at 15:22

Thanks for sorting the pic.Nose looks a bit flat now, price i had to pay for not being a good ducker lol:-))Any think i'm still better looking than your chimp:-)).p.s any tips on the question i asked cheers;-).

sl

Resident

855 posts

Friday 8th April 2005 at 15:23

Don't know he is a pretty mean chimp . Id say stick to the boxing and do some TJJ till BJJ gets round your way!

thump

Regular

29 posts

Friday 8th April 2005 at 15:30

why? do say rip tjj sl:-|

Robsco

1319 posts

Friday 8th April 2005 at 15:36

Sl just couldn't hack the pace of TJJ :-p

The Admin Guy

Bassmonger

Resident

198 posts

Friday 8th April 2005 at 15:41

TJJ, definitely.

Check the techniques section on this site for an idea of the TJJ syllabus- beats fannying around with katas and poncy high kicks, which is all a bit too much like ballet for my liking. Except without the hot flexible chicks in tights.

DEFEATED IN AL

sl

Resident

855 posts

Friday 8th April 2005 at 15:46

:-p

Its True i just couldnt handle it......... far too demanding both physically and mentally. :-p

On a serious note out of your choices its the best, bjj would be better alot better, there is just no comparing the two bjj is light years ahead.

BJJ clubs are thin on the ground..took me months to find one. But im having my second visit to wolfslair Monday hopefully get a couple of sessions in next week ready to eat ice cream at the Seni:-D

Bassmonger

Resident

198 posts

Friday 8th April 2005 at 15:49

Get entered you fool. I'm well unfit at the minute, in fact I'm more than one category heavier than I was last year, but I'm still going in for it. You'll only regret not entering once you get there.

Or maybe you'll regret entering when someone breaks you arm.

Either way, get yourself in.

DEFEATED IN AL

sl

Resident

855 posts

Friday 8th April 2005 at 15:54

Nah im not fit enough and not good enough by a long shot but ill be there spectatin. and ill hopefully compete later in the year when i know a few things on the mat.

Robsco

1319 posts

Friday 8th April 2005 at 18:30

Once you watch some of the fights you'll be dieing to get on the mat yourself - but I can see where ya coming from, will be good to just settle your nerves watching a match before stepping on the mat.

I never did, just dived right in there, but either way, it won't be long before you're competing! :-)

The Admin Guy

thump

Regular

29 posts

Friday 8th April 2005 at 20:45

cheers for the advice :-D SL i agree does look a mean chimp:-))

trevek2

Addict

119 posts

Saturday 9th April 2005 at 16:18

I didn't start TKD until I was about 25, didn't start Backhold wrestling until 34 and JJ until 39. A lot depends on your previous fitness and health. JJ is good at thirty and I'd say it is still possible to keep doing the techniques effectively at a later age (as opposed to high jumping kicks)

See how well I block all your

sl

Resident

855 posts

Monday 11th April 2005 at 08:58

Maybe next year for the seni..... defo later in the year at another one. Although my training has now took a set back due to exams! But should be clear in two weeks and then back to getting my arse kicked!