Quickest way...

Author Comments

Nathan

Addict

175 posts

Sunday 15th May 2005 at 17:31

Quickest way to improve conditioning...

Hey guys.

As you know, I done my knee in etc so have been very inactive. I'm still not able to train in MT or JJ. But I managed to fleece the doctor for a free gym pass! So I can try and build my hamstrings up to take to weight off my Anterior Cruciate Ligment.

But what I want to know is what's the quickest way to build up my conditioning. I get knackered going up the stairs nowadays. I gotta us machines that don't do my knee in. I been using that crosstrainer thing at the gym.

What's the best way?

Robsco

1319 posts

Sunday 15th May 2005 at 17:34

Should you really be trying to rush it? Surely it'd be better to take it slow?

The Admin Guy

Nathan

Addict

175 posts

Sunday 15th May 2005 at 18:55

well, my the building up of the knee should be taken slowly. but the getting fit bit can't wait. i feel like a slob!

optimusdan

1 posts

Sunday 15th May 2005 at 21:32

The best way to rehab your knee is to use it.
if you want to exercise your upper body without effecting your knee try strand/cable pulling and pull ups

Ross

Regular

100 posts

Sunday 15th May 2005 at 23:42

if you can use the cross trainer comfortably, then you could try doing half your sessions of say 45mins straight at a decent pace.

then your other sessions do say 5x5mins with a min rest(like a fight) at a fast pace.

sl

Resident

855 posts

Monday 16th May 2005 at 11:01

On another side to this im fully recovered now and want to get my conditioning up as quick as i can any ideas..... i really wanna get back on the mat next week or the week after but havent done anything for about four weeks..... aprt from eat... and drink... and generally slob out.......:-D

Nathan

Addict

175 posts

Wednesday 18th May 2005 at 09:05

yeah... something like that...:-D