Back to forum

Who we all are

Author Comments

Joss

1 posts

Friday 30th September 2005 at 23:10

Hi, I'm Joss, I'm only 15 and I've been doing ju-jitsu for around.. a month now, nearly two. I'm only a white belt but I'm enjoying it. I tried my hand at kickboxing, judo and something called British Free fighting but I never found any passion in them. But since I started Ju Jitsu It's felt different to everything else I tried, better. I'm also coming up to a seminar with a Japanese grandmaster, abit daunting but I'm sure I'll enjoy it, the Tanaka family, if I remember rightly, although I probably haven't, Father and Daughter are coming. Anyway just thought I'd say Hi and introduce myself to everyone, any tips would be welcome as I'm dying to learn as much as I can. :-D

Tartarus

3 posts

Tuesday 4th October 2005 at 10:27

Hi everyone - just joined the forum - I'm a 21 year old postgraduate and have been training for the best part of two and a half years in World Kobudo Jiu Jitsu - graded under Sensei Mc Gogan 5th Dan last monday for my purple grade - was extremely proud to grade under such a well revered Sensei

Dom

5 posts

Saturday 15th October 2005 at 20:29

Hmm, Blue belt from Royce, but training has been intermittent since I left Sheffield.

Andy, good luck with your academy, when and where are you opening it?

Robsco

1319 posts

Sunday 16th October 2005 at 01:21

Dom as in 'The' Dom?

The Admin Guy

andy

Resident

729 posts

Sunday 16th October 2005 at 10:28

Dom has returned!

I'm in Guildford mate

"no weapon formed against me shall prosper"

Dom

5 posts

Tuesday 18th October 2005 at 15:41

"Dom as in 'The' Dom?"

yes, I suppose I am. Anyone know anywhere worth training near Worcester? I can't find anything good, without travelling to Birmingham.

Bronski

7 posts

Friday 4th November 2005 at 12:02

Right then,

Did Judo training for a number of years, was favourite 4 years running for the Nationals (though only went twice,) fought in International Opens a couple of times and touched 4th Kyu (lower blue senior) before taking a break for a year.

Hath returned to Judo and have just started Ju-Jitsu. No longer intend to compete in Judo, but may compete in Ju-Jitsu at a later date. Also looking to join either Karate or Tai Chi, probably after Christmas.

Just out of interest, what does BJJ and TJJ stand for, and what's the difference? And if the T is for Traditional, what's the difference then?

Beat

If at first you don't suceed,

Robsco

1319 posts

Friday 4th November 2005 at 13:41

BJJ = Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. More takedowns and groundwork rather than standing joint-locks and strikes.

The Admin Guy