Back to forum

death in the boxing ring?

Author Comments

Trey

Regular

49 posts

Friday 5th August 2005 at 00:39

Anyone heard about that 1962 heavywieght title fight when the white trunks guy called the black trunks gay? (he was really gay, but it still ticked him off) and the black trunks KILLED him.

any thoughts?

Power Is Mental And Psyical Su

sl

Resident

855 posts

Friday 5th August 2005 at 08:03

What?:-|

Trey

Regular

49 posts

Friday 5th August 2005 at 12:10

well i guess i worded it wrong.................................... has any1 ever heard of the fight or knows of something else like this happining?

sl

Resident

855 posts

Friday 5th August 2005 at 12:21

i heared about a womans amateur where the girl died later on in the night.....

Robsco

1319 posts

Friday 5th August 2005 at 12:31

What was it? boxing or MMA?

Could be really sexist here and say womens? :-)) amateur? :-))

Only kidding, but that does sound a bit dodgy, chances are the poor lass already had something wrong with her, possibly without knowing.

The Admin Guy

Bren

Addict

123 posts

Friday 5th August 2005 at 23:43

The only death I know of was Johnny Owen in 1980 (I think). He went into a coma and died in hospital later when they turned off his life support. I think he was a Lightweight or Bantamweight.

Trey

Regular

49 posts

Saturday 6th August 2005 at 02:50

it was boxing as a recall... and the guy when into the ring with perfect health, autopsy says he was beat to death:-O

sl

Resident

855 posts

Monday 8th August 2005 at 10:34

It was posted on hee soemwhere Robsco about the girl. Some american state she had an amateur and died of a clot.

trevek2

Addict

119 posts

Tuesday 9th August 2005 at 08:33

I remember the story about the gay thing. I think he said it at the weigh in and ended up on the slab after the match. There was a fight a few months ago where a woman died. A few years ago there were a couple of guys in lower weight divisions (a Scot being one) who died cos of dehydration (as well as the boxing). I think Barry MacGuigan killed a guy once.

Mentioning Johnny Owen, did anyone see the programme a couple of years ago where his family met the guy he's been fighting. The Mexican came to Wales to unveil a statue of JO.

See how well I block all your