Back to forum

Favorite Weapon?

Author Comments

CoreyL

Regular

27 posts

Saturday 1st April 2006 at 00:55

Tell me why too... (let's assume that anyone who prefers to fight unarmed has to pick one)

Mine = Arnis stick(s)
Just because how common you can find this weapon in any form (tree branch, sign post, discarded construction junk, etc), the ability to control how much damage you do (from trapping to a painful block to a full-force swing) and the speed factor. Being legal to carry is always a bonus too.

Ketto Ryu Ju-Jitsu

Robsco

1319 posts

Saturday 1st April 2006 at 11:11

A-Bomb!

Just because it's a bit powerful and also gives you a nice tan. :-p

The Admin Guy

sl

Resident

855 posts

Saturday 1st April 2006 at 16:10

Corey what planet are you on.... a tree branch?, construction junk?:-)) a signpost....

"Excuse me Mr Hoodie while i remove this sign post and strike upon your person with it"

As for my favourite weapon my fists! 1. They normally come with your arms. 2. Dont have to pull them off a tree Ray Mears style get the chisels out and wittle myself a canoe.

Failing that if i happen to find one lying round i would user in no particular order... a leaf, a "blade" of grass, some soil, a twig, a jack russel and a kebab (with chilli sauce of course)

IMHO!
:-D

CoreyL

Regular

27 posts

Sunday 2nd April 2006 at 00:38

I was thinking more along the lines of "Hey, Mr. Hoodie, while you run to catch me I swoop down and pick up a discarded piece of garbage and proceed to face-bash with it", not "Oh shit, Mr. Hoodie, your stabbing me so I'll proceed to look around for a weapon rather than defend myself."

And I said you can't pick hands, damnit. That's the obvious answer. Maybe the question should have been "Favorite foreign object" to make it a little easier to understand.:-p

Ketto Ryu Ju-Jitsu

sl

Resident

855 posts

Sunday 2nd April 2006 at 00:57

There speaks the un educated how many fights have you been in.. Will you f*** have time to run / find some garbage. For me its come out banging every time! This isnt TV defend yourselve any way you can then get on your toes and run like the wind!

And as for unarmed?? How can YOU say unarmed... then say ill use a street sign.... to f*** him up??? Unarmed means hand to hand ????????? WAR!!!!!!!!!!!!! just hope you dont hit the deck and his mates teach you the river dance!

:-|

Sorry if this sounds out of order but be realistic! If it comes to the point and you have to run and find something to defend yourself .... then in my honest opinon your in trouble..

Fu Jow

Regular

39 posts

Sunday 2nd April 2006 at 03:09

My favorite weapon is probably the samurai katana, just because it is such a well known and beautiful weapon. But as far as street use, its either the stick/dowel (such as a kali stick) or the knife. Since those can be found in many forms or variations.

Chuck Norris doesn't sleep. He

CoreyL

Regular

27 posts

Sunday 2nd April 2006 at 11:30

Wow man,anyways...
not every fight starts from surprise
you will on occassion have the chance to run to find a weapon before the shit breaks out
maybe apply your thought pattern to more than one scenario
but I guess that's cool, everyone's got their own opinions

Ketto Ryu Ju-Jitsu

andy

Resident

729 posts

Sunday 2nd April 2006 at 11:52

desert eagle

"no weapon formed against me shall prosper"

Sweaty Gi

120 posts

Sunday 2nd April 2006 at 14:52

If you've got time to run for a weapon, you've got time to run away.

sl

Resident

855 posts

Sunday 2nd April 2006 at 15:14

yep!

CoreyL

Regular

27 posts

Sunday 2nd April 2006 at 20:24

Alright. Well thanks SL for answering my question rather than arguing my answer. It's nice to see people talk about martial arts, and not just play "I know more than you"
There's a different solution to every problem, usually dictated by common sense. If I say I like sticks doesn't mean all I do is run around trying to find a stick if there's conflict. There are thousands of outcomes to a potential confrontation, if you take 1 solution it's obvious it won't work in every situation.

Ketto Ryu Ju-Jitsu

spider

Regular

235 posts

Monday 3rd April 2006 at 02:18

SA80 A2. With it's uprating springs and it's easier cocking handle, it is both more reliable and easier to use whilst remaining as accurate and rapid firing as ever. I wish it had a bigger magazine. Yes I'm allowed to carry one when I expect a fight.

sl

Resident

855 posts

Monday 3rd April 2006 at 09:05

no probs corey just my opinion of it! Not knocking your art etc just my view! :-D

Robsco

1319 posts

Monday 3rd April 2006 at 10:25

Still think my A-bomb would beat all your fists and sticks!!! :-)

The Admin Guy

sl

Resident

855 posts

Monday 3rd April 2006 at 11:57

I think your correct Robsco! I also dont think running away from it would do me much good either :-D

Bren

Addict

123 posts

Monday 3rd April 2006 at 12:40

This thread seems to have gone a bit OTT.

"Favourite Weapon" could mean different things to different people.

Favourite weapon to fight or defend yourself with.

Favourite weapon to practice techniques or katas (using that much hated word).

Favourite weapon to watch on MA films etc.

Nunchucks for instance, I love watching Bruce Lee do his thing, that never fails to impress me, but as for using them in a fight. :-)). It just wouldn't happen would it.
And Sais, they look cool in MA films, but in reality they're heavy, unwealdy and awkward b****y things.

Most of the weapon stuff I've done concentrates on disarms and defence against weapon attacks of which I enjoy stickwork the most, it's fast and flowing and looks the dogs b*****ks when it's done properly.

sl

Resident

855 posts

Monday 3rd April 2006 at 12:47

Was the A bomb too far Bren?:-)):-))

I see your point and agree! Its the same with "katas" hated doing them but watching someone do a weapon kata really quick is good to watch.

Robsco

1319 posts

Monday 3rd April 2006 at 14:29

Aye good point Bren, although I don't think my A-Bomb was too far, especially with the added bonus of that free tan! :-p

Not sure I agree with your comment about the nunchucks not being good in a fight tho, true, if any of us tried it we'd prob dink ourselves on the noggin' and pass-out quick-smart! But that item became a weapon for a reason, and it appears to have been a good weapon - in the right hands anyway!!

The Admin Guy

Bren

Addict

123 posts

Monday 3rd April 2006 at 16:26

An A-Bomb probably isn't going too far, Spiders SA80 on the other hand......

CoreyL

Regular

27 posts

Monday 3rd April 2006 at 17:12

Siai and nun-chukku... incredible in a fight
Just watch Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Ketto Ryu Ju-Jitsu