Back to forum

Something for the ladies.

Author Comments

Bee

Regular

33 posts

Thursday 19th October 2006 at 12:12

Ladies. I`m having problems keeping my Gi white. We all perspire a tad during training, but even when my Gi is clean it looks a bit minging.
Your expertise would be welcolmed.

"Bee"

sl

Resident

855 posts

Thursday 19th October 2006 at 14:03

Why just the ladies? Buy a blue one! haha

rotters

2 posts

Thursday 19th October 2006 at 14:32

buy some of that stain remover you can buy a really big pink tub. put it in your washing as well as washing powder.

rotters

Bee

Regular

33 posts

Thursday 19th October 2006 at 16:27

You see ! Replies from other blokes. I`ve tried the obvious solutions stain remover...salt. With no joy. Back off lads, this needs a womans touch. Come on girls give me your best shot.

"Bee"

Robsco

1319 posts

Friday 20th October 2006 at 09:12

How about a touch of Bleach in the wash?

(this doesn't make me a lady)

The Admin Guy

spider

Regular

235 posts

Friday 20th October 2006 at 12:06

Buy and new one and make sure everyone washes their hands before fighting you.

Lyndsey

10 posts

Friday 20th October 2006 at 18:55

If your Gi doesn't have any cloured stripes, badges etc on it then i'd try bleach.

Now i can't remember what it is my mum used to use on sweat marks, something which i thought was absolutely rediculous but it actually worked,.. don't quote me on this but I *think* it was vinegar :? ,.. doubt it would do any harm if it isn't the right thing, just remember to wash it out or yoou realy will stink :-))

Bee

Regular

33 posts

Friday 20th October 2006 at 20:31

Thanks for the suggestion. I`ll try vinegar on a small area first. If it doesn`t work i will add some tomato sauce and eat the damn thing. I will let you know the results.

"Bee"

Lyndsey

10 posts

Friday 20th October 2006 at 21:39

Hey, got bored and decided to look up if what i said was right or not,... you might find this site usefull http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=485263

if you can actually be bothered reading it there are several different suggestions to removing sweat stains, and a couple oof them do involve Vinegar,.. so i was right, in parts at least lol

ninja9578

Regular

92 posts

Tuesday 24th October 2006 at 19:04

I never had trouble with sweat stains, but whenever I got a new belt it would leave a ring about my uniform. I use oxyclean and it takes all the stripes out of it. I know it's safe because I have embroydering and badges on it and they still look fresh.

Blue Belt - Gracie JJ
3rd Degree Black Belt - Shorin Ryu
Red Belt w/ two stripes - Soo Bahk Do