Back to forum

Whats the best combination?

Author Comments

Bee

Regular

33 posts

Wednesday 10th January 2007 at 12:31

Many will agree that a combination of skills would make the complete fighter. MMA is obviously on the increase. Could this ever become a martial art in it`s own right.
Perhaps Thai for "stand up". A bit of Judo/Trad Ju-Jitsu for take downs. And BJJ for the ground work.
Most of us practice for self defence and fitness reasons, but the effectiveness of what we practice in a real life situation may leave some codes a bit prone to certain attacks.

"Bee"

Robsco

1319 posts

Thursday 11th January 2007 at 17:18

Whatever newbie.

I think it's quite well known now that many MMA fighters use Thai for standup, and BJJ/werestling for takedowns and groundwork.

The Admin Guy

MJ

Regular

32 posts

Friday 12th January 2007 at 16:49

Currently im learning mma that uses a mixture of Thai and traditional strikes with all 8 points, then some judo and jujitsu take downs/throws and bjj for groundwork. I find its quite a good combination.

Inveniam Viam Aut Faciam

Fu Jow

Regular

39 posts

Saturday 13th January 2007 at 22:45

the basic three arts are pretty consistent with all mma practitioners...Thai boxing is great for stand up fighting since it now includes boxing's hand techniques...freestyle wrestling is good for takedowns...and BJJ is obviously great for the submissions...although other MAs are always mixed in with this basic formula such as sambo, judo, and greco roman.

Chuck Norris doesn't sleep. He

ninja9578

Regular

92 posts

Saturday 10th February 2007 at 20:35

What rank are you?

Blue Belt - Gracie JJ
3rd Degree Black Belt - Shorin Ryu
Red Belt w/ two stripes - Soo Bahk Do

MJ

Regular

32 posts

Saturday 10th February 2007 at 23:42

whos that question directed at?

Inveniam Viam Aut Faciam

puertorican_fighter

Spectator

15 posts

Tuesday 8th April 2008 at 00:58

combination? try 6 to the left 55 to the right 89 to the left then pull

your greatest enemy will always be, YOURSELF

ninja9578

Regular

92 posts

Wednesday 9th April 2008 at 18:04

@MJ I forget :P I think it was at the original poster.

Blue Belt - Gracie JJ
3rd Degree Black Belt - Shorin Ryu
Red Belt w/ two stripes - Soo Bahk Do