Back to forum

Is steven seagal really popular in Europe?

Author Comments

Kung-Fu

Spectator

31 posts

Friday 18th May 2007 at 02:38

Okay, this is completely random but I thought I'd take advantage of our British friends on the site and ask if Seagal really has a big following in Europe because he aint making any money off his "Straight to dvd" movies in America. I loved his first 4-5 movies when he actually did aikido and was skinny but now hes a shadow of a once serious martial artist.

Fu Jow Pai Kung Fu, Gracie Jiu Jitsu, Boxing

"He who conquers men has force, he who conquers himself is truly strong." -Lao Tzu

Robsco

1319 posts

Friday 18th May 2007 at 12:28

I'm not quite sure, it's a bit hard to speak for the whole of the UK, or even Europe.

I'm not a huge fan normally, but when ya slip Erika Eleniak in there it's a bit hard not to watch. :o)

The Admin Guy

Monkey Balls

Regular

44 posts

Wednesday 23rd May 2007 at 18:51

Yep, I wouldn't mind slipping in Erika Eleniak !

spider

Regular

235 posts

Tuesday 29th May 2007 at 09:43

Erika Eleniak is ace. She is the main reason I've seen Under Siege, and I've still never seen the sequel since I don't think she is in it. Check out her scene in Chasers.
As for Steven, no he hasn't got a large following, but like anything cheesy, action heroes will always have their small devote fan base.

Moti

Spectator

2 posts

Wednesday 30th May 2007 at 17:51

a couple of years ago when i was in Paris, I've saw him in some French talk show talking about his music cd.
so maybe that's an answer.
just like jerry lewis, he his loved in French :)