Back to forum

Chuck Fight Outcome

Author Comments

spider

Regular

235 posts

Wednesday 6th June 2007 at 10:50

Personally, it was what I'd hoped for. I'm not a fan of Jackson, I just think Chuck's stand up is terrible for a champion.

Kung-Fu

Spectator

31 posts

Thursday 14th June 2007 at 00:44

people also say that wanderlei silva's striking is unorthodox as well as rich franklin's...its funny how some of the best strikers in the mma world are called "unorthodox" but hey, if liddell keeps puttin people to sleep with his hands down ...let him. He got caught because he threw an open technique without setting it up first. this is not indicative of his striking overall

Fu Jow Pai Kung Fu, Gracie Jiu Jitsu, Boxing

"He who conquers men has force, he who conquers himself is truly strong." -Lao Tzu

Davies1978

Spectator

20 posts

Saturday 30th June 2007 at 15:33

I was gutted that Chuck lost, he is a bit of a hero as far as I am concerned but you cnat just keep winning, I am sure he will be back, oh and I think his stand up is good spider, he just punches in a strange way, but his results are good so I guess we will agree to disagree.

I like pies

spider

Regular

235 posts

Monday 2nd July 2007 at 18:29

My point is that his success has largely been due to being able to stop the takedown. With the wrestlers he has been fighting, he has been successful because he is been able to take them out of the area they are comfortable in, and he has been able to outstrike people that are uncomfortable with striking.

The world of mixed martial arts needs to grow much more, to stop this big fish in small pond thing that keeps happening at the moment. I'm excited that Pride fighters are becoming more common place in the UFC. Imagine if your martial arts never did inter club competitions.

It's a shame and a bad reflection of a sport, when someone is the world champion, despite having huge gaps in their abilities.

Robsco

1319 posts

Tuesday 3rd July 2007 at 00:02

When's this gonna be shown on Bravo? How long do we have to wait?

Any idea's from people who don't bother with PPV?

The Admin Guy

spider

Regular

235 posts

Monday 9th July 2007 at 14:09

Er, sorry Rob. It's been on twice so far. I only watch on Bravo.

Robsco

1319 posts

Monday 9th July 2007 at 18:00

bugger, i need a good reminder service for shows like this. :-/

The Admin Guy