Back to forum

How to find a Dojo?

Author Comments

Vicco

Spectator

8 posts

Sunday 7th October 2007 at 01:55

I live in Dunedin FL and I cannot find one single Dojo that teaches traditional Jujitsu. Found two that teach BJJ. Am I not looking in the right places? My other concern is that if I do manage to find one single traditional Dojo, it may end up being one of those "McDojos" which would be terrible. How do I find a Dojo in my area?

Robsco

1319 posts

Sunday 7th October 2007 at 02:19

As Mobstarr has already said, why not go and try them out for yourself.

We can only give a helping hand, but it's you that's gonna be training there.

If ya want my advice, go to all/any clubs around, only then will you know for sure.

The Admin Guy

Vicco

Spectator

8 posts

Sunday 7th October 2007 at 02:35

As I said, I have done an immense amount of searching and I cannot find any Dojos that teach the type of martial arts I want to learn. How exactly do I walk into a Dojo and check it out when

A) I don't know where the Dojo is
B) I've yet to find out if Dojo even exists

It seems theirs a huge following for BJJ here but I can't find jack for traditional Jujitsu.

von k

Spectator

30 posts

Sunday 7th October 2007 at 15:50

I did a quick google search and found lots of martial arts clubs in your area of Florida includng TJJ clubs.Most if not all have contact numbers,address and email.Just contact them beforehand, from my experience clubs always welcome new students.
Nearly all Senseis/coaches allow people to watch the class first so you can see if it is the style for you. The info you seek is there at your fingertips.

Work hard, train hard, play hard.