Back to forum

I hate Setanta

Author Comments

spider

Regular

235 posts

Wednesday 4th June 2008 at 02:13

Another UFC I'm going to miss now because of them.

Remembering I hate all other sports, the £12.99 a month would be better spent on dvds.

Robsco

1319 posts

Wednesday 4th June 2008 at 19:20

How long is it delayed before appearing on Bravo?

The Admin Guy

spider

Regular

235 posts

Thursday 5th June 2008 at 14:00

I don't know, but I've still not seen the one with Bisping in Manchester

spider

Regular

235 posts

Thursday 5th June 2008 at 14:01

Well, I'm sure it's been on by now, but I've not seen it as I didn't know when it was going to be repeated on Bravo.

Mobstarr

Spectator

45 posts

Thursday 5th June 2008 at 14:34

Am i right in thinking all ufc events are now on setanta aswell?!

"Its not the chances we get in life, its what we do with them that matters"

2nd Dan Traditional Ju-Jitsu (Kensho Ryu & Kano Bushi Ryu)

"In the shadows, waiting for my time..."

www.pmaa.co.uk

spider

Regular

235 posts

Monday 9th June 2008 at 17:01

They have now got a wide selection of UFC shows and exclusive live British and American UFC events. Whether the non-live shows are going to be exclusive, I don't know.

sid gibbard

Spectator

1 posts

Thursday 19th June 2008 at 17:36

Lucky for me i got Setanta for free :D:D

outkast

Spectator

39 posts

Friday 27th June 2008 at 16:56

they dont put the uk events on bravo when they show reruns there never on i think this sucks because i have the full sky deal and refuse to pay more for another channel which i would watch every couple of months thats my rant over hope everybodys well

the darkside is more fun

Robsco

1319 posts

Friday 27th June 2008 at 18:48

What about the Extreme channel? They show a fair amount of Cage Rage.

The Admin Guy

spider

Regular

235 posts

Sunday 29th June 2008 at 13:47

The point is Rob, that saturday 5th is a UFC night, but it's on a football channel that few of us will pay for.

Luckily I hosted the Hatton fight, and I've been invited to watch UFC night round someone elses. Perhaps community is the best solution.

Fight network has more, and I don't get Extreme.

Do you think I'll get to see judo on tv this year? Probably if I get a new Sky+ box.

outkast

Spectator

39 posts

Sunday 6th July 2008 at 21:07

they have a 2yr contract to show all ppvs i found out last night

the darkside is more fun

spider

Regular

235 posts

Thursday 10th July 2008 at 18:05

I didn't go in the end. It turns out that the american shows are understandably on at 3am.

That's it, the UFC is now over in the U.K. due to Setanta's exclusive rights.

Is anyone going to spend £13 quid a month for sports channel that shows only a small amount of combats sports, just to watch UFC live, and at 3am?

Personally, I've started to order DVDs from Amazon.

spider

Regular

235 posts

Thursday 10th July 2008 at 18:07

Sorry, for 10 sports channels. Football, cricket and boxing. Mostly football. I hate football.

outkast

Spectator

39 posts

Saturday 19th July 2008 at 17:45

sky sports dont even show cage rage any more its now on nuts tv i think im going to cancel sky sports and movies dont watch either much any more and order setanta as the have all ufc and best boxing now

the darkside is more fun

thayrea

Spectator

31 posts

Thursday 7th August 2008 at 12:24

I bought it thinking it was worth it but all it shows is american rugby. And whoever said you get it free... Apparently setananta are going to cut the free viewers for the main event. SO theres a chance you might miss the st. pierre fight.

know your limits

spider

Regular

235 posts

Tuesday 2nd September 2008 at 20:21

I hate them even more. I've just bought a subscription. To add insult to injury, they have a survey to find out what sport is the main reason for your subscription, so they can adjust their broadcasting according to popularity. On this survey, I tried to select UFC, but you then cannot fill out the sub box about which team you're following. So you can't even express your interest in the sport. So I wrote them a letter, about their faulty site, how bad they are for the UFC, how much I hate ball sports, and how much I hate them.

spider

Regular

235 posts

Tuesday 2nd September 2008 at 20:21

Everyone round mine, 3am Sunday?