Back to forum

Ju jutsu and brasilian ju jutsu

Author Comments

spider

Regular

235 posts

Thursday 9th April 2009 at 13:39

Standing armlocks in Judo do not cause frequent injuries.

Trev

Spectator

9 posts

Sunday 26th April 2009 at 14:16

In comparing BJJ and TJJ I would say that when you learn any techniques regardless of the style you learn them in kata format. When the technique is learnt and fully understood and internalised, then it is time to pressure test them. How you do this is a personal preference. I remember my instructors in the past tested there techniques in the streets. This is obviously not the best solution and one I would not recommend.
It is possible to resistance test them in the club against resisting attackers. Multi attacker situations and weapons attacks should also be catered for. Of course competitions are a very valuable tool to check your techniques are effective. However to stop serious injury competitions always have rules. Herein lies a problem, in that you are restricted in what you can use. If you do manage to find good techniques that work for you than you can scrap the ineffective. However body type and size also play a part. It then becomes difficult as an instructor to sift through the techniques to validate ones that may not work for you, but are good for others.
Enjoy!

goshinjj

Spectator

7 posts

Tuesday 9th June 2009 at 10:53

this is a imposible question as you can put a black belt in jujitsu or bjj and any can win. they both have enough technique to work on.