Back to forum

Getting Bigger.

Author Comments

GroundZeroRL23

Spectator

2 posts

Friday 12th December 2008 at 01:54

Alright, I'm 15, Sophomore in Highschool. I started jujitsu 2 weeks ago. I'm 5"8. I weight 110. I'm going to start BJJ soon to go along with my jujitsu. I want to get bigger, But transform my body into a fighter type body. What things do I need to do to achieve this. and what exercises do I need to do, and also what muscles do I need to focus on.

The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and listen to all kinds of talk, get told that you're a god or a total bastard. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds.

FastLifeDj

Spectator

12 posts

Friday 12th December 2008 at 02:47

I use nitro-tech from gnc.i'm 5'7 150.

White Belt in jiu jitsu
Green Belt in Aikido
Xbox360 Gamer name=FastlifeDJ
Nice Guys Finish Last!!

GroundZeroRL23

Spectator

2 posts

Friday 12th December 2008 at 04:07

Alright, Are the results good?

The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and listen to all kinds of talk, get told that you're a god or a total bastard. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds.

FastLifeDj

Spectator

12 posts

Friday 12th December 2008 at 14:14

I gained 8-10pds.in 2weeks

White Belt in jiu jitsu
Green Belt in Aikido
Xbox360 Gamer name=FastlifeDJ
Nice Guys Finish Last!!

spider

Regular

235 posts

Friday 12th December 2008 at 15:02

Hi, I'm 6'3 and 256lbs. At your age, there should be plenty of testostrone running around crazy in your body that you don't need to take suppliments. Men my age turn to illegal drugs to get the effects you'll be able to get.

Start thinking about suppliments when you're in your early twenties, when you've finished growing (and when you can afford them). Also because you're still growing, you need to be careful not to damage your still growing bones through dangerous exercises.

The best way to grow into being a fighter, is to practise being a fighter, practise as much as you can. Hopefully, your class should be making you perform conditioning drill along with your instructional exercises and sparring.

If you want to do more, the best thing you can do is get an instructor's advice, doctor or gym trainer's advice.

Which muscles to consentrate on? You think there is a small selection of muscles needed? You need them all. If you're desperate to lift weights- due to your experience and age I'd recommend using strength machines at your local gym. These are safe even at ambitious workloads, and promote you to use major muscle movements.
Depending how much money you have, there are hundreds of strength conditioning exercises you can do that use only your bodyweight, I expect you will learn some of these in class. There are also many videos and instructions available online, and hopefully your local library will have some books on body weight only conditioning. Once again, try to choose exercises that use major muscle movements. For a cheap home gym, get a kettlebell and an instructional book/dvd.

von k

Spectator

30 posts

Friday 12th December 2008 at 16:31

Wise post Spider.

Work hard, train hard, play hard.