Back to forum

West Midlands Kumite.

Author Comments

BB

Spectator

5 posts

Thursday 19th February 2009 at 18:11

Hey,

Just wondering if anybody from here will be competing in the West Midlands Kumite on 29th March?

Also it will be my first tournament so if anybody could give me some tips then that'd be great.

Thanks.

Molineux

Spectator

4 posts

Wednesday 11th March 2009 at 20:46

Alright mate, I will be either refereeing or corner judge at that event. My advice would be enjoy it, try to relax and use your techniques. There is little room for excessive contact in these semi contact events so don't go in like a bull in a china shop trying to knock your opponent out. Good luck and hope to see you there.

BB

Spectator

5 posts

Saturday 28th March 2009 at 00:57

Thanks for the reply and hopefully I'll see you there.

I have one question to ask though. I'll be competing in the intermediate age category and it is not very clear if I'll be able to do submissions or not? So is it the case that all competitors below the age of 18 are not allowed to use submissions or is it just the juniors division?

Molineux

Spectator

4 posts

Saturday 28th March 2009 at 19:53

As far as I am aware, competitors under 18yrs are not allowed submission techniques and score through positional and hold downs.
You never know it may have changed as I believe that they are running without corner judges this time and having a referee and time keeper to marshall and keep score? Suppose all will be revealed tomorrow. Best of luck anyway.