Back to forum

10th Planet

Author Comments

spider

Regular

235 posts

Thursday 1st October 2009 at 21:51

anyone been trying this stuff out? I like it, especially the half guard and top game, but I need loads more time to make a rubber guard game

Robsco

1319 posts

Thursday 1st October 2009 at 23:15

I'll start with the obvious question... eh? :o)

what you on about?

The Admin Guy

spider

Regular

235 posts

Friday 2nd October 2009 at 09:56

Well I'm obviously not talking about Dr Who, so it must be 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu.

I guess your answer would be no then.

domn8

Spectator

15 posts

Friday 2nd October 2009 at 15:16

if we're talking Rubber Guard Specifically then i've tried it, but i think i'd need instruction in order to make it effective. Its great for breaking down posture and i did manage a cheeky triangle from it, although from luck more than anything.
I think 10th planet catches a lot of heat as it s well publicised and newbies look to it without knowing any fundementals. I find it intersting though despite still learning those fundementals myself

spider

Regular

235 posts

Friday 2nd October 2009 at 16:13

Yes rubber guard specifically is difficult, because have to learn and be fluent with a large number of techniques before you start to get an offense that hasn't got huge holes.
It gets a lot of flack from people trying it first when rolling instead of practising and drilling first.

It gets in the most trouble for insulting more traditional BJJ by separating itself from the gi.

Rickson Gracie

36 posts

Monday 12th October 2009 at 22:50

You come Brazil, I show you rubber guard.

*1995 Vale Tudo champion*
*BJJ Daddy*
*General all round Badass*