Back to forum

wjjf

Author Comments

rocket2

Spectator

2 posts

Monday 5th April 2010 at 23:44

I have recently started training with a club registered with the wjjf the sensi is very reputable however I have read some things about the wjjf on this fourm and in other places that make me question weather I should con continue training with them. I also would like to know why so many people are derogatory about tjj on a Jiu jitsu web site do they mean all jiu jitsu that isn't BJJ or tjj as in clubs that stick very closley to the oldest known forms of jj as the club is not BJJ but is orientated towards self defence on the street. if people could give me there opinions it would be appreciated

Robsco

1319 posts

Tuesday 6th April 2010 at 12:00

If you're enjoying it and like the classes, I wouldn't listen to people on hear try to slag off TJJ - they're old-timers who have been round the block, and also possibly train for different reasons to you.

If you want to go and fight in the UFC for instance, you wouldn't really train any TJJ, but if you want some self defence, self-confidence, fitness, fun, etc. then it's perfect.

Remember, it means different things to different people, so common questions like "what's the best?" is a bit daft without context.

The Admin Guy

spider

Regular

235 posts

Tuesday 6th April 2010 at 13:01

The Spice Girls enjoyed many No.1 hits, but it doesn't mean they were any good.

rocket2

Spectator

2 posts

Tuesday 6th April 2010 at 17:41

meaning ?

mikeyBoab

Spectator

36 posts

Wednesday 7th April 2010 at 08:45

I'm with the WJJF and would recommend them.

I'm not sure about the Spice Girls though.